- 8 pieces of chicken (legs and thighs or breasts) boiled until completely cooked but still firm
- 12 plum tomatoes or 6 beefsteak tomatoes boiled or roasted, ground in a blender with salt to taste and strained
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut in large dice
- 6 dried chilacate peppers, seeds and veins removed
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, washed and finely chopped or shredded
- Oil (approximately 2 cups)
- Salt to taste
Place the peppers in a small saucepan with 1 cup of water, bring to a boil and cook until soft. grind in a blender with a little salt, strain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet. Dip each piece of chicken in the chilacate sauce and fry in the oil until golden.
Dip the potatoes in the chilacate sauce and then fry in the oil until tender.
Heat the tomato salsa.
In a bowl, place 2 pieces of chicken, a few pieces of potato, pour tomato salsa over all and top with lettuce.
Serve with bread.
Published or Updated on: January 1, 2003