- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups of chopped onion
- 4 cups of chopped tomato (pera or roma)
- 4 tsp. margarine
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
- 8 cups of rich chicken stock
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 24 corn tortillas cut into 3/8 strips and fried in hot oil until crisp.
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 6 ripe avocadoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup of white crumbly fresh mexican style cheese
Brown garlic, onion and tomato with margarine in a stock pot. Add tomato sauce, chicken stock, pepper, sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 1 hour. To assemble soup put a handful of tortilla strips in a large open soup bowl, top with 4 or 5 thin avacado wedges, chopped fresh onion and Mexican ranch style crumbly cheese. Ladle in hot soup and top with a spoonful of sour cream.