This marinade is great for thick pieces of fish or fish kebobs destined for the grill. For a far superior flavor, try to use wood charcoal instead of “briquettes.”
- 4 8-ounce tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- 2 dried arbol chiles, crumbled (remove seeds if desired)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- toasted sesame seeds, if desired, for garnish
Place tuna steaks in a non-reactive bowl or baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients, pour over tuna, and marinate for 20-30 minutes, turning once.
Grill over prepared hot charcoal, 6 inches from the heat, for approximately 6 minutes on each side, or 4 minutes if some pink inside is desired.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately with rice and any tropical fruit salsa. Serves 4.
Link to source article
Published or Updated on: October 21, 2010