Serves 6 – 8Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 kilos of shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. consommé
- 2 ancho peppers, seeds and veins removed
- 1 chilacate pepper, seeds and veins removed
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 C. white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 C. catsup (optional)
- 1 chilacate pepper sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp.. oil
Cook the peppers in a small amount of water and grind them in a blender with the tomatoes and whole garlic clove. Strain and set aside.
In a large skillet heat the butter and oil and sauté the minced garlic and onion until the onion is translucent. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn bright pink, then add the consommé and Worcestershire, salt and pepper to taste.
Add the sauce (and the catsup now if you choose), cover and simmer for a few minutes, then add the white wine and allow to simmer a few minutes more.
Sauté the chili strips in the oil for a few minutes, remove and drain, then use as a garnish.