Right now we are getting the Tlaxcala peaches, sweet and golden, that pair well with macadamias to make a fruit and nut salsa to serve with grilled fish or chicken, or with cream cheese and crackers. Try combining it with mashed avocado to a make a fruit and nut guacamole.
- ½ cup roasted macadamias, chopped
- ¾ cup peeled, diced peaches
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and deveined, finely chopped
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- freshly squeezed lime juice to taste
Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or more before serving. Makes about 1 ½ cups.
Mexican macadamia nuts: culinary gold