There is nothing that can compare with the sounds, tastes, and delights of Mexico. Many words have passed through many lips about Mexico, from Herb Alpert to Erik Estrada — some humorous, some poignant. Let’s listen in on some of these voices, past and present, for in them we just may get a sense of why people love Mexico so much.
- I was taken in by the bravado and the sounds of Mexico… not so much the music, but the spirit.
- They do the soaps differently in Mexico. You just have to know the storyline and not memorize the lines. There would be someone feeding you lines while you were performing.
- Latinos have fought in all of America’s wars, beginning with the Revolutionary War. Many Latinos are fighting and dying for our country today in Iraq, just as several of their ancestors fought for freedom in Mexico over a century ago.
- Everyone has seen photographs of Mexicans wearing those big sombreros. When you come to Mexico, the astonishing thing is, nobody wears these hats at all.
- I met Jeb Bush in 1971 in my hometown in Mexico. We dated for three years back and forth. Then, after three years, he proposed to me.
- In Mexico, an air conditioner is called a politician because it makes a lot of noise but doesn’t work very well.
Len Deighton You want a lesson? I’ll give you a lesson. How about a geography lesson? My father’s from Puerto Rico. My mother’s from El Salvador. And neither one of those is Mexico.
- Tourism is a top priority activity for federal government, which is why it invests an average of over 2,500 million dollars a year in infrastructure works and integral projects that promote Mexico’s culture and natural attractions.
President Vincente Fox
- A single tree in the tropical forest in the south of Mexico has more different species than some European countries.
Carlos Salinas de Gortari
- Taking it as a whole, Mexico is a grand city, and, as Cortes truly said, its situation is marvelous.
Edward Burnett Tylor
- I dare say that a majority of the American people think that having a fair hearing on an issue of importance in our relations with Mexico is extremely important to our national interest, as well as theirs.
- I had been playing for about a year and a half when the Beach Boys formed. When our folks went to Mexico on business, we would take the food money they had left us and we would rent instruments.
- I went to Mexico because it has a magic that does not have any other country in the world.
- My driving abilities from Mexico have helped me get through Hollywood.
- In Mexico we have a word for sushi: Bait.
- When you go on holiday in Mexico, you forget all the troubles that you have in the world.
The character of Jeffrey in the movie Holiday In Mexico
- the heart
of Mexico sits in the rain
not caring to seek shelter,
a blanket of geranium pink drawn up
over his silent mouth.
- I grew up in Mexico, not the United States, and the fact is that there just aren’t any parts for Latin actresses. I have to persuade people that my accent won’t be a problem, but an asset.