Although most commonly made with raw fish, ceviche, which originated in Peru and arrived via the Pacific coast of Mexico, is delicious prepared with smoked fish, and probably a bit more reassuring for those that have doubts about raw fish.
- 1 pound smoked fish, such as mullet, sable or tuna, boned and shredded
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 2-3 limes, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients; allow to sit 1 hour to absorb flavors. Serve with tostadas and plenty of cold beer.
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer or snack.
Link to Source Article – The Cuisine of Colima: Tropical Delights from Mexico’s Pacific Coast