This is the quintessential summer drink, perfect before a Mexican-style parillada, or grilled meal. For a delicious change of pace try using Tajin Fruit Seasoning instead of salt to rim the glass. This mixture of powdered chile, salt and dehydrated lime is available online at https://www.mexgrocer.com.
- 4 ounces white tequila (blanco)
- 3 ounces tamarind concentrate
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
- coarse salt or Tajin seasoning for the rim
Mix the tequila, tamarind concentrate, simple syrup and Cointreau or Triple Sec, making sure all the tamarind concentrate is dissolved.
Rim 2 margarita glasses with salt or Tajin seasoning, add a few ice cubes and pour the margaritas over the ice. This is for traditional margaritas. For a frozen margarita, place the ingredients in a blender with crushed ice and blend until frothy. Pour this mixture into the rimmed glasses. Makes 2.
- Link to Source Article: Tart, Tasty Tamarind: From Candy to Cocktails