With thousands of miles (9,330 kilometers) of coastline, Mexico offers everything one could want in the way of ocean-living, relaxing, exploring and water sports.
From soft, gentle breezes over warm brilliant sand, lapped by gentle waves, to roaring and pounding surf, thrashing against black volcanic rock, and from misty and mystical jungles to high, shear cliffs, all provide opportunities for new experiences and finding different personalities of this magnificent country.
This Feature Section is dedicated to exploring the Mexico’s coasts. The articles are only loosely organized, so that you can discover new delights along with re-visiting old places.
Mexico’s Pacific coast – from Baja California to Chiapas: – Loreto – La Paz – Los Cabos – Mazatlan – Puerto Vallarta – Manzanillo – Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo – Acapulco – Huatulco – Puerto Angel – Puerto Escondido
Mexico’s Gulf coast – from Tamaulipas to the Yucatán Peninsula: – Tampico – Nautla – Veracruz – Campeche – Progreso
Mexico’s Caribbean coast – Yucatán and Quintana Roo: – Isla Mujeres – Cancún – Cozumel – Playa del Carmen
- Fishing in Mexico
- The Coastal Architecture of Mexico
- Sailing or boating in Mexican waters – Latitude 38’s first timer’s guide
- Interactive Map of Central Pacific Beaches
- Mexico’s endless Pacific beach: sun, surf, sand, seafood and solitude
- Tehuamixtle: the Cabo Corrientes shore on Mexico’s Pacific coast
- Living easy in Mazatlán
- Fly to Puerto Vallarta – but stay in Rincón de Guayabitos
- The Mystical & Magical pleasures of Puerto Vallarta
- “Off the beaten path” – Beaches of Mexico’s Pacific Coast
- Beautiful Bay of Tenacatita
- Exploring Puerto Vallarta on foot
- A wee malarkey about Melaque
- Manzanillo — bustling port/quiet resort, or both?
- Puerto Vallarta – escape to paradise
- Old Mazatlán has its charms
- How Manzanillo got its name
- Sea to Sierra – Colima
- Overview of the areas of Puerto Vallarta
- San Blas, Tepic and places in between
- San Patricio/Melaque – revisited.
- Mexcaltitán, island city in the swamp
- Wandering through Nayarit
- Iguanas fly at midnight – San Patricio/Melaque
- The sunniest – Acapulco
- A Zihuatenejo snorkeling adventure ‘How to’ and ‘how not to’ enjoy Zihuat’s beautiful coral waters.
- Puerto Escondido in December – a November 2001 update Oaxaca’s favorite coastal destination. For serenity go early in December!
- Puerto Angel, Oaxaca: little jewel on the bay The ‘other’ favorite Oaxacan beach destination.
- Puerto Escondido: Mexico’s hidden Oaxacan Beach
- Bahias de Huatulco
- Bahias de Huatulco, Oaxaca
- Puerto Escondido’s romantic Hotel Santa Fe
- Huatulco — an undiscovered paradise
- A Trip to Puerto Angel
- The magic of Playa del Carmen on Mexico’s Maya Riviera
- Below Tulum; the ruins and sites of Yucatan’s east coast highway, Route 307
- Modern-day Cancun – an interview with Jules Siegel
- Puerto Morelos
- “Bijou’s Odessy” – an adventure in boating in Mexico
- Is Cancun plastic? – commentary
- Holding on to the dream in Cancun – commentary
- Cozumel – an island paradise
- Rolfe Schell – At the gates of Tulum
- Merida – The White City of the Yucatan.
- Cozumel, island of many faces
- Carnival Cozumel
- Beyond Spring Break: Cancun has something for everyone
- The Baja California Peninsula
- Nayarit state – Puerto Vallarta
- Pacific Coast Beaches
- Veracruz state
- Map of the Yucatán Peninsula – Cancún, Cozumel
- Skimboard kids on a Mexico beach
- La Manzanilla
- Puerto Vallarta – a visual tour of Mexico’s Cruise line port.
- Mexico’s west coast beaches
- La Paz, Baja California Sur
- Cabo Pulmo, Baja California Sur
- Beaches of Nayarit and Jalisco
- The beaches of Los Cabos, Baja California Sur
- Rincon de Guayabitos
- Cancún has something for everyone
- Images of Cozumel
- Carnival on Cozumel
- Bahía de Huatulco
- San Agustin bay, Huatulco