Mexico Connect
Forums > General > Traveling Mexico

pathall

Aug 11, 2005, 8:07 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2174 views)

Shortcut

Bus to Queretaro from Mexico City Airport

Can't Post | Private Reply
Some friends of ours are going to be visiting San Miguel de Allende and will be arriving at the Mexico City airport. They speak no Spanish. Can someone give me detailed directions on how to get from Customs in MC airport to the bus to Queretaro? I have done a search on the subject, but there are no detailed directions on MexicoConnect that I can find.
Thanks in advance.
Pat

Bear

Aug 11, 2005, 8:27 AM

Post #2 of 6 (2167 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pathall] Bus to Queretaro from Mexico City Airport

Primera Plus Lujo (Luxury) non-stop bus service from Mexico City airport to modern terminal at Queretaro
leaves from Concourse E2, and the ticket counter is located on the second floor of the terminal. As soon as your friend exits from Customs, he/she can ask any luggage handler to take them to the Queretaro Bus Terminal. Buses run north to Queretaro approximately every hour on the hour from 7:00am
to 10:15 pm. South from Queretaro to Mexico City airport from 2:00 am to 6:15 pm. every hour on the hour approximately. "Queretaro es mejor"

TomP

Aug 11, 2005, 9:13 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2160 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bear] Bus to Queretaro from Mexico City Airport

Can't Post |
Bear, just out of curiosity, do buses depart for other major cities from the airport?
Such as Cuernavaca, Morelia and PV? It's relatively inexpensive to get to Mexico City, and this seems like a heck of a good way to get around.

=============================================================
Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there!

Tequisbob

Aug 11, 2005, 11:53 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2148 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TomP] Bus to Queretaro from Mexico City Airport

Yes, you can get a bus to Cuernavaca...the Pullman de Morelos Luxury bus is next to the Primera Plus....You may also catch a bus to Puebla....don't know about Morelia etc..........once you come out of customs...turn left and go down to the doors which are marked.......you may purchase your tickets right there at the little booth.
BobR

Cynthia7

Aug 11, 2005, 2:07 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2136 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bobr76453] Bus to Queretaro from Mexico City Airport

Does anyone know the taxi fare from Queretaro bus station to SMA?

raferguson

Aug 11, 2005, 2:34 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2132 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TomP] Bus to Queretaro from Mexico City Airport

The topic of buses from the Mexico City airport is covered in the article that I wrote about the Mexico City Airport. There are buses to Puebla, Pachuca, Cuernavaca, Queretero, and Toluca, or at least there were the last time I was there. They leave about every hour from around door 8. You buy the tickets at a ticket window outside, near the buses.

http://www.mexconnected.com/...n/mexicoairport.html

My opinion is that if you are going elsewhere than the cities listed, you might as well take a taxi to the appropriate bus station (north, south, east and west), from which you could take a direct bus. The airport buses are not cheap, and who wants to wait around the airport for a bus and then wait at Queretero for another bus? Take a taxi to the Norte terminal and look for ETN (luxury), or Primera Plus (good first class).

Note that taxis at the airport work on the basis of buying a ticket at the taxi ticket window. Don't even think about getting into random passing taxis in Mexico City, taxi robberies are a big problem there. More info in my article.

I recall $30 US taxi fare from Queretero to SMA, but I can't swear to it. You can ask for the price at the taxi stand, which probably has a taxi stand booth that sells tickets. If you don't like the price, walk 200 feet from the first class bus station to the second class bus station, and take a second class bus to SMA.

Richard

http://www.fergusonsculpture.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4