Mexico Connect
Forums > General > Living, Working, Retiring

garrycouch

Apr 8, 2010, 8:52 AM

Post #1 of 2 (6522 views)

Shortcut

Violence in Guanajuato state?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Have received a few emails from friends in U.S. who say that they have seen reports in newspapers and heard some on Spanish radio that we are having significant violence in our state. Spoke with some natives here who have heard little (other than some about Leon), local police just shrug and say "Not in Ciudad GTO".
Of course, what does "significant" mean? Anybody out there heard of such?

gpkgto

Apr 8, 2010, 11:24 AM

Post #2 of 2 (6479 views)

Shortcut

Re: [garrycouch] Violence in Guanajuato state?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I live in Irapuato, Gto. There have been numerous incidents in the state of Guanajuato over the last couple of years, but all have involved narcos vs. narcos except for a few (but serious) attacks against the police department offices in Leon, Irapuato, and Celaya (there may have been others, I can't remember). There have been human heads found in coolers at least once, various murders and levantones of narcos, lots of police check points (which have currently stoppped around here anyway), discoveries of "safe houses" full of guns in several places, including Comonfort, etc. etc. The big incident I read about in Guanajuato capital was the shooting to death of a young man by a policeman--the family says it was murder. I never read how it was resolved.

In short, all is well in the state Guanajuato.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4