Mexico Connect
Forums > General > Living, Working, Retiring

playaboy

Aug 8, 2013, 8:09 AM

Post #1 of 5 (783 views)

Shortcut

Junking Old Canadian Cars In Texas

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am in Harlingen TX selling a "J" car for a lady from Lakeside. While here, I went to Harlingen U-Pull junk yard. I expained the situation a lot of Canadian are facing with the new INM laws.

I asked them about junking cars from Canada. They will take your old car off your hands as long as it has clean title. I don't know the differences between USA title paperwork and Canadian paperwork. You would have to talk to them about that.

For those interested in this option, here is their contact info, harlingenupull (at) yahoo (dot) com or 956-four two eight-46 seven 3

Buena Suerte

(This post was edited by playaboy on Aug 8, 2013, 10:46 AM)

careyeroslib

Aug 8, 2013, 9:50 AM

Post #2 of 5 (749 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Junking Old Canadian Cars In Texas

Thanks Playaboy, that´s very helpful to people.

frogsong

Aug 8, 2013, 10:48 AM

Post #3 of 5 (734 views)

Shortcut

I would like to add my thanks, Playaby. Very much appreciate the fact that you took the time to check this. I was almost sure that junking a car would be possible, but it seemed almost impossible to confirm via the internet.

mazatman

Aug 9, 2013, 5:02 AM

Post #4 of 5 (630 views)

Shortcut

Sort of on the same subject.

Does anyone know if it is possible to sell (not junk) a Canadian plated car in any of the US border states? Ex. 2006 Korean made with current Ontario registration.

RickS

Aug 9, 2013, 9:46 AM

Post #5 of 5 (569 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazatman] Junking Old Canadian Cars In Texas

I looked into this using both Colorado and South Dakota as selling locations. I understand (second hand) that it is similar in Texas.

To sell it to anyone or any entity, one must first Import it into the US. A dealer won't/can't do it. While the import process is doable if one has a valid, current title, it is not without a lot of hoops with 'government' agencies, forms, etc. In addition, one must pay an additional fee (7-8% in Texas I believe) on the "NADA" retail price. After all that is done, THEN you get to sell it to anyone.

In my case it was absolutely not worth it, financially or for effort/time spent, to pursue. And the car was a nice car, not a junker.

YMMV

(This post was edited by RickS on Aug 9, 2013, 9:47 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4