Forum Landing Page

Hola! Welcome to MexConnect, the world’s largest content website about Mexico.

You have reached this page through an out-dated link.

The world famous MexConnect forums (1996-2019) have been archived and are no longer being updated.

We have archived some of the most interesting, useful, and/or popular posts from our old forums. The full list of saved threads is available by clicking here: Forum Archives

As a preview, here are some of the available threads:

An array of books for sale in the tianguis, a traveling Mexican market. © Daniel Wheeler, 2009

Gringa, Gabacha or just Americana?

MazDee: Apr 13, 2008 Gringa, Gabacha or just Americana? I looked in the language forum for a discussion of the use of these terms, but couldn’t find anything useful to answer a question some of us estranjeros have. A friend (US born but with years of experience in México) says that while gringo is not […]

0 comments

Mexico’s Name

Posted by stephanea araujo on November 04, 1999 hi! does anyone know how Mexico got its name and when the people as a whole were first called Mexicans? does it have something to do with the Aztecs whom I think were also called the Mexias or Mexicas or something along those lines? Posted by Frank […]

0 comments

Who is Subcomandante Marcos

Posted by Janis on August 12, 1999 Hola a Todos, This is not meant to be a political question, I know this may seem impossible, but I am looking for some factual info. Last evening I saw a documentary by Nettie Wild entitled “A Place Called Chiapas.” Wild is a Canadian filmmaker who spent eight […]

0 comments

To access read-only versions of the forums (200,000 posts in 30,000 threads), please try the following link:

To access the Home Page of the new MexConnect website, please use this link:

The main sections of MexConnect website are:

Welcome to MexConnect – please explore our site and enjoy!

Saludos,

Your friends at MexConnect, the world’s largest content website about Mexico.

Share This: