Forum Landing Page

Hola! Welcome to MexConnect, the world’s largest content website about Mexico.

You have reached this page through an out-dated link.

The world famous MexConnect forums (1996-2019) have been archived and are no longer being updated.

We have archived some of the most interesting, useful, and/or popular posts from our old forums. The full list of saved threads is available by clicking here: Forum Archives

As a preview, here are some of the available threads:

Home construction methods in Mexico

My wife and I are hoping to build a small (600-900 sq ft) house just north of Zihuatanejo this winter. (If we can sell our townhouse here.)I’ve been learning a bit about construction methods that involve building a house with “Lego-like” pieces that are made of styrofoam or polystyrene. Once the house is built, concrete […]

0 comments
An array of books for sale in the tianguis, a traveling Mexican market. © Daniel Wheeler, 2009

Albures, or Dirty Spanish 101

sergiogomez / Moderator / Jan 7, 2009 Puns are the staple of Mexican humor. People use them on a daily basis, and these puns, or albures, are almost always sexual jokes or disguised insults. Sometimes they consist of words with two (or more) meanings. Sometimes they are phrases whose meaning changes depending on where you […]

0 comments

The proper way to eat a taco

Posted by Fanny on April 15, 1999 When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in Mexico, don’t be a sloppy taco eater. Wouldn’t Eleanor, Abigail and Judith just die! Far cry as it is from the excruciatingly correct manners of these three deities, Fanny wants you to know that there IS a proper […]

0 comments

To access read-only versions of the forums (200,000 posts in 30,000 threads), please try the following link:

To access the Home Page of the new MexConnect website, please use this link:

The main sections of MexConnect website are:

Welcome to MexConnect – please explore our site and enjoy!

Saludos,

Your friends at MexConnect, the world’s largest content website about Mexico.

Share This: