Mexico Connect
Forums > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

simpsca

Jun 17, 2012, 1:05 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2166 views)

Shortcut

Maestros del Arte volunteer mtg. June 27 - 2pm

Can't Post | Private Reply
Below is a brief agenda for our next Maestros del Arte General Volunteer Meeting to be held at Casa del Sol B&B, Javier Mina, Ajijic at 2 pm June 27. Hope to see many of you there. If you have friends who would like to volunteer or be hosts this year for artists, please encourage them to come as well.
--
Marianne Carlson
Feria Maestros del Arte
http://www.mexicoartshow.com/
November 16-18, 2012
in Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

1) Benefits of being a volunteer or Coordinator
a) Opportunity to work alongside and meet some of the finest artists Mexico has to offer. This cultural exchange is invaluable.
b) Help the Feria in its efforts to stop the ever disappearing folk and indigenous art of Mexico
c) Be part of the BEST volunteer group at Lakeside – we have a lot of fun together and all of us work toward the goal without bringing in personal agendas
d) Meet new people
e) Learn about Mexico’s art – perhaps even become a collector yourself
f) Perhaps find your “niche” (or a new one) here at Lakeside
g) 8 hours of volunteer work entitles you to free admission all 3 days of the Feria.

2) Areas where volunteers are needed
a) Administration
i) Interpreters: Bilingual volunteers to help in booths, etc. You can work with Lynda Deriger/Volunteer Coordinator (765-6455) in finding an area that will be fun and interesting for you to use your translating skills.
ii) Someone with graphic skills – Photoshop and InDesign – speak with Marianne Carlson/Feria Coordinator

b) Finance
i) Fundraising – here is an area we really need help. This is a very gratifying task, to help raise enough funds to pay for the artist’s transportation costs or pay for the Feria program
ii) Fundraising
(1) Pay it Forward at LCS July 2 – bazaar-type event where volunteers contribute folk art they no longer want and we resell with proceeds going to Feria. If you have things to contribute, contact Bridget Andrews 766 0049 or lassalvias2005@gmail.com
(2) Sales: (if you like selling we could use more help selling ads in our program, selling supporter banners, etc.) – speak with Cathy Roberts if you wish to help in this area (766-0050).
(a) Feria Supporter Banner project (Candace Spence or Cathy Roberts)
(b) Support an artist project (transportation)
(c) Sponsors

c) Communication/Promotion
i) Vertical Response – Newsletter – Rachel McMillan will step in and help Delayne when she moves permanently to Lakeside in August.
(1) If you like to write, contact Delayne Giardini/Communications Coordinator 762 1721 delayne@onemoremind.com
d) Setup – Donna Williams
i) Donna’s new assistant is __________
ii) Need volunteers to help setup Thursday before the Feria starts and take down Sunday after Feria closes.
e) Admissions - ____________
i) Need volunteers to work Admissions – taking $, stamping hands at front gate
f) Information Booth - Patti Orsinger - new coordinator
i) Need vols to work the Info booth/ 2 people/shift – one is bilingual
g) Entertainment – Suzanne Wolfe
i) Need vols for the Fashion Show all 3 days at noon.
h) Artist’s Choice – Bridget Andrews
i) Need vols to work this booth.
i) Raffle – Suzanne Flater
i) Need vols to work this booth
j) Hosting - New Coordinator - Sandra Spencer
k) Transportation – Anne Flaningam
l) Volunteers – Lynda Deriger

3) Critical needs
a) Cross-training. If there is an area of the Feria you are interested in and would like to cross-train for that position, let us know.

4) Feria Dream List
a) A yearly sponsor (i.e. Northern Lights has Scotia Bank)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4