Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

tonyburton

Oct 30, 2006, 9:16 AM

Post #1 of 7 (13464 views)

Shortcut

MexConnect Upgrades and MexConnect Mail

Can't Post | Private Reply
Predictably, the upgrades encountered some completely unexpected snags, but are now pretty well all in place. There are a number of issues that people have already informed me of and that the techies are now working on.
First priority is being given to restoring full functionality to the e-mail system. Once that is done, attention will be turned to the forum search issue and also the very annoying issuance of "daily digest forum postings" even to some subscribers who didn't opt for these in their personal settings.

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Feb 20, 2014, 5:07 PM)

tonyburton

Oct 30, 2006, 9:43 AM

Post #2 of 7 (13457 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] MexConnect Upgrades and MexConnect Mail

Most e-mail issues have now been resolved, and forum search engine is now working, albeit not yet quite like it should!

Papirex

Oct 30, 2006, 9:56 AM

Post #3 of 7 (13453 views)

Shortcut

Yes, it started working for me a few minutes ago. I received 52 spams dated from the 28th to the 30th, and 2 legitimate Emails dated the 28th.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

johanson

Oct 30, 2006, 3:05 PM

Post #4 of 7 (13436 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RexC] MexConnect Upgrades and MexConnect Mail

Spam is a serious problem. I have never used MexConnects email service (I opened said account but have never sent an email therefrom) yet I get maybe 10 to 15 spam per day. I have another email address johanson@cnw.com that I have had to recently give up. I have used it for perhaps 15 years and was careless with it. Today I get about 250 spam per day on it on the weekends and up to 470 per day during the weekdays. I am going to keep checking said account for another 2 months until I close it out, just in case I forgot to give someone my new email address.

Using the SpamAssassin software with a cutoff score of 6, I was able to eliminate about 40 % of the spam. Dropping it to 5.0 I did even better. at 4 there were too many false readings. I noticed you are recommending a cutoff score of 4.0 Which software package is this? It will be fun to play around with this anti-spam software. At least you are allowing us, the users, to set our own score, something not all ISPs for example will do.

As much as I dislike spam, it will be fun to play around with your anti spam filter

Rolly

Oct 30, 2006, 3:24 PM

Post #5 of 7 (13434 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] MexConnect Upgrades and MexConnect Mail

I have a mailbox at Hotmail.com that I use for everything except family and friends. That Hotmail box used to get loads of spam, but it has dropped to almost nothing while my MXC box that I use only for friends and family has picked up considerably. Strange.

Rolly Pirate

Oscar2

Nov 2, 2006, 3:55 PM

Post #6 of 7 (13398 views)

Shortcut

Yes, I too am receiving “daily digest forum postings” which I never got before, nor did I opt for and need tech support in eliminating it. Would you please walk me through the necessary steps ?

Thanks in advance.

(This post was edited by Oscar2 on Nov 2, 2006, 3:56 PM)

tonyburton

Nov 2, 2006, 4:08 PM

Post #7 of 7 (13391 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Oscar2] MexConnect Upgrades and MexConnect Mail

To turn off these daily digests, please use the "Edit Profile" button (near the top of all Forum pages), followed by Subscriptions. You can then check or uncheck boxes corresponding to each Forum.
Leaving all boxes unchecked will ensure that you no longer receive any daily digests.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4