Forums  > General > General Forum
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Goody2shs

Oct 30, 2006, 8:19 PM

Post #26 of 44 (1912 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ignacio] Border Fence - Entering Mexico

| Private Reply
Another fact that Mr. 'goodie-two-shoes' is conveniently ignoring is the fact that some 25 to 30% of the land now claimed to belong to the USA, and where the border fence is being built, belonged to Mexico...... until a shady deal, under the gun, was concocted by the USA to 'purchase' that land in one case, and in another stealing it 'fair and square' via the phony independence and attachment of Texas.

First of all, I am not a "Mr." but a "Mrs." - and secondly, thank the drunken womanizer Santa Ana, who at the time of that war during one of his escapades practically "gave" his country away or sold it and probably squandered the money on himself and not his people. He apparently had not much compassion for his own people, so a contract was drawn and the U.S. was the buyer. But this is simply a matter of history, nothing can be done now. So why not let it be instead of slinging mud.

There is more historical fact I could dig up for you that might embarrass you even more, but I shall refrain from that for now in the interest of peace on both sides.

ignacio

Oct 30, 2006, 8:29 PM

Post #27 of 44 (1906 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Goody2shs] Border Fence - Entering Mexico

| Private Reply
My apologies to you for calling you Mr.

It is against the law to purchase property from someone not at liberty to sell it, specially while you hold a gun against this person's head and against the whole country.

How convenient, this thief was selling it, so we just bought it, like of the back of a truck.

I won't get embarased if you dig and publish the COMPLETE truth. Thanks !

tony

Oct 31, 2006, 10:47 AM

Post #28 of 44 (1854 views)

Shortcut

Can we just get along - NO!

| Private Reply
Hello,
Personally I would love to see a new thread about everyones take on the Mexican - American War!
Will one of youse start it??? tony

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

Bubba

Oct 31, 2006, 12:25 PM

Post #29 of 44 (1843 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
But this is simply a matter of history, nothing can be done now. So why not let it be instead of slinging mud.

Well put Goody2shoes. I presume with that attitude you favor granting amnesty to all illegal aliens in the United States and providing them with residency visas with a prospect of citizenship so they can continue to contribute to the U.S. economy and we can put this sorry display of U.S. jingoism to bed.

Frankly, I hope they do build that ridiculous wall. It will make a great ruin some day and they will have to preserve what´s left of it as a national park and reminder of the unfathomable depths of human stupidity.

(This post was edited by Bubba on Oct 31, 2006, 3:14 PM)

Ron Pickering W3FJW

Oct 31, 2006, 1:34 PM

Post #30 of 44 (1828 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] Border Fence - Entering Mexico

| Private Reply
Frankly, I hope they do build that ridiculous wall. It will make a great ruin some day and they will have to preserve what´s left of it as a national park and reminder of the unfathomable depths of human stupidity.

I never thought of it that way Bubba. What an excellent idea. 8>) Welcome back.
Getting older and still not down here.

Goody2shs

Oct 31, 2006, 1:54 PM

Post #31 of 44 (1823 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
"It is against the law to purchase property from someone not at liberty to sell it, specially while you hold a gun against this person's head and against the whole country.

Don't think such a law existed back in 1834 when this all happened.

pana

Oct 31, 2006, 2:00 PM

Post #32 of 44 (1820 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Ignacio........The Mexican American War was a war declared by both countries, the U.S. victorious, treaties signed, money paid, and borders agreed on over 150 years ago. If President Polk had wanted to play hardball, the very land you live on in Vera Cruz would now be part of the United States. Our borders are legal by every international definition.........this may be galling to you, but it is a fact.
The money for the 700 mile fence will be appropriated, and it will be built. The people in Arizona and New Mexico will benefit the most. It won't stop illegals from coming here, but it will help. In the mean time, maybe some sensible solutions will be found on both sides of the border.

Pana

NEOhio1

Oct 31, 2006, 2:05 PM

Post #33 of 44 (1817 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tony] Can we just get along - NO!

| Private Reply
Tony, there has been mention of a war between mexico and the us on a television show a year ago. The show, named Jack & Bobby, was about two borthers growing up in middle America and the story lline used flashbacks to the young Bobbys life to explain his presidency in 2045. Several flashbacks referred to the "War of the Americas" in 2018 in which his son died. The shows explanation for the war (the US) was that the resources, natural and human, which Mexico was not able to harness for its own use in the economic globalization of the world were beginning to be sold by the Mexican government to asian interests.

The US southwest had become so "mexicanized" and northern Mexico had become so "americanized" that they effectively were functioning as one huge region, with Monterrey being a huge business city and Guadalajara an education city.

I thought at the time of the show, since you had to watch every episode to get the gleanings of info on Mexico, that it was interesting that the writers, based in LA, probably young people, saw this situation as a possibility and incorporated it throughout the episodes.

Goody2shs

Oct 31, 2006, 2:15 PM

Post #34 of 44 (1814 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ron Pickering W3FJW] Border Fence

| Private Reply
Hi Mexicanbill - I sympathize with your family's dilemma, must be very frustrating when you are trying to do the right thing. The only explanation I can think of, being an immigrant myself (from Europe), is what I heard along the way - that the U.S. government is trying to maintain an equal balance or percentage of immigrants from different nations so as not to outweigh one over the other. And here unfortunately, that percentage has already been way overdrawn by the illegal population that has infiltrated the country by clandestine means and has thereby done a serious disservice to persons wishing to obey the law and enter in the order that they would normally fall in.

I am simply trying to take the logical and factual point of view of any government agency that has to oversee such a monumental impact on their country. But again, there are often exceptions and I strongly urge you to contact your congressman or other person in power who might assist you with this situation. Why not call on the news media, they usually have a louder voice than you do - or - appeal to big George himself! It's election time up here, so you have an even better chance of getting heard.

Ron Pickering W3FJW

Oct 31, 2006, 2:28 PM

Post #35 of 44 (1809 views)

Shortcut

Re: [NEOhio1] Can we just get along - NO!

| Private Reply
There was also a show on the history channel a month ago about the Mexico/American war. Quite interesting. The general thought (in my mind) was that the US wished that that war would just go away and never be remembered or mentioned again....
Getting older and still not down here.

(This post was edited by Ron Pickering W3FJW on Oct 31, 2006, 4:32 PM)

Rolly

Oct 31, 2006, 4:08 PM

Post #36 of 44 (1782 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Don't think such a law existed back in 1834 when this all happened.

The Texas war of independence from Mexic happened in 1836. The Mexican-American War started in 1846 when Texas decided to join the United States and Mexico objected. Mexico started the war and lost.

Rolly Pirate

Goody2shs

Oct 31, 2006, 4:28 PM

Post #37 of 44 (1777 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Border Fence - Entering Mexico

| Private Reply
Oops, sorry missed it by 2 years. Leave it to our wise Rolly to know the real truth. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Bubba

Oct 31, 2006, 4:33 PM

Post #38 of 44 (1774 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Border Fence - Entering Mexico

| Private Reply
The Mexican-American War started in 1846 when Texas decided to join the United States and Mexico objected. Mexico started the war and lost.

"Texas" decided to join the United States because the election was rigged with Tejano rabble who were the first trailer trash and were "waggoned" in specifically to steal Texas from Mexico. The Mexican state of Chiapas we are about to move to was also stolen from Central America by an oligarchy of hacienda land owners who voted to join Mexico in their own self-interest. Their slaves went along with this for some reason.

My great great great grandaddy fought and died to keep his Africans in human bondage and preserve the glorious Confederacy.

Do you think a 50 foot wall would have prevented the sacking of Atlanta?.

What do you guys think when you are actually thinking?

(This post was edited by Bubba on Oct 31, 2006, 4:35 PM)

tntex

Oct 31, 2006, 4:37 PM

Post #39 of 44 (1771 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mexicanbill] Border Fence

| Private Reply
It is not only Mexicans that have long waits. My Wife's brother, from the Philippines, finally came to the U.S.A. after a thirteen (13) year wait. After tons of paper work, attorneys, fees and long anticipation he did make it...................legal. Oh! another point he had to have a sponsor(s) to be sure that if he needed hospital/doctors or other emergency the sponsor (my wife and I) would have to pay.
tntex

travisdyer

Oct 31, 2006, 9:19 PM

Post #40 of 44 (1712 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tntex] Border Fence

| Private Reply
One thing that has not been brought up here is the fact that the US government is falling very short here. They are trying to fix their "problem" with less than a half-arsed solution. The border shared between the US and Mexico is more than 2,000 miles long, and they are only going to build a fence along 700 miles of that border? If you ask me the government has been involved in planning this one.

Who do they plan on having build this fence, anyways? Are they going to take the unemployed from the local towns, whose economy will be affected by the construction of such fence? Will they offer them federal wages and benefits? Of course they won't. They'll bring in Halliburton with CONTRACTED labor to do it for them.

What about the other 1300 miles? This is just election year politics at its worse. I have also heard that by building the 700 miles of fence, that will block the illegals from crossing in the areas that offer "easier" passage. Might I remind our government that illegals will go through, across, and around anything to get here. GET REAL TIO SAM!

Bloviator

Nov 1, 2006, 5:51 AM

Post #41 of 44 (1685 views)

Shortcut

Re: [travisdyer] Border Fence

| Private Reply
Again, don't get worried or hopeful depending on your viewpoint. They still haven't funded it effectively. It is nothing more than the usual all hat no cattle nonsense (I think that is an appropriate Texas expression?) passed by a do nothing Congress and signed by a crippled President for purely political reasons.

ignacio

Nov 1, 2006, 9:38 AM

Post #42 of 44 (1651 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Border Fence

| Private Reply
Here's a bit of history...

"Polk secretly sent a representative to former Mexican dictator Santa Ana, who was living in exile in Cuba. Polk's representative said the United States wanted to buy California and some other Mexican territory. Santa Ana said he would agree to the sale, if the United States would help him return to power. President Polk ordered the US Navy to let Santa Ana return to Mexico. American ships that blocked the port of Vera Cruz permitted the Mexican dictator to land there. Once Santa Ana returned, he failed to honor his promises to Polk. He refused to end the war and sell California. Instead, Santa Ana organized an army to fight the United States."

So once again we sponsored a dictator ('but he is "our" dictator, as Ronnie would have said)....

This dictator, imposed as puppet government by good old USA (humm, this begins to sound familiar), turned on us (hum, like Noriega, Sadam, Bin Laden, etc) then the war ensued, then we bought from this same dictator, thug, thief 'legally' all that land.

What a deal !

(This post was edited by ignacio on Nov 1, 2006, 9:40 AM)

Mark Landes

Nov 4, 2006, 8:49 AM

Post #43 of 44 (1567 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Of course the land was 'transferred' by means other than voluntary. It's historical tradition. The Spanish took it from the Aztec's and Mexico took over somewhat after the Spanish and along came the NOB settlers. It's called the history of mankind. As a putative descendant of the Aztec I want reparation --I'll take ten acres in southern NM.
Mark

ignacio

Nov 4, 2006, 11:17 AM

Post #44 of 44 (1542 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mark Landes] Border Fence - Entering Mexico

| Private Reply
If it ws good enough for the Israelies to do it in Palestine, it ought to be good enough for you !

.....unfortunately, possession is 99% of the law (of the jungle, that is).

The only thing that some of the posts are attempting to bring out is that not very consistent (read two faced) about when someone has rights and why.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4