Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

Tom in Texas

Apr 25, 2002, 8:14 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4683 views)

Shortcut

Campeche

Can't Post |
I am planning on driving from Texas to Merida, Tulum, Chetumal, San Cristobal de las Casas, Oaxaca, Tlaxcala and Queretaro within the next couple of months and need some information on Campeche. I routinely check all of the messages on all of the Mexico Connect forums, but realize that there is seldom, if ever, any mention of either the state or city of Campeche. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

gail haslett

May 8, 2002, 9:00 PM

Post #2 of 4 (4682 views)

Shortcut

Campeche

Can't Post |
Campeche is a city well worth visiting for a day and overnight. We stay at the Colonial in the old district which is very clean and basic and decorated like a '50's hotel. There is entertainment in the square everynight and tourbuses. Once you get to the old town you can get brochures on the various places to visit. It has a nice atmosphere. The old city is walled and is all fixed up.<p>
: I am planning on driving from Texas to Merida, Tulum, Chetumal, San Cristobal de las Casas, Oaxaca, Tlaxcala and Queretaro within the next couple of months and need some information on Campeche. I routinely check all of the messages on all of the Mexico Connect forums, but realize that there is seldom, if ever, any mention of either the state or city of Campeche. Any input would be greatly appreciated.<p>

Marie Boitano

Apr 21, 2004, 8:37 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4636 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Tom in Texas] Campeche

Can't Post | Private Reply
The city of Campeche is lovely and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Although I do not know the official website, ask Google for Los Mayas en Campeche. There is an extensive listing of topics including some photos of local Mayan sites. You will want to visit the various forts for their exhibits of stelae, masks and more. It is a great walking town.

Bubba

Aug 21, 2004, 8:46 AM

Post #4 of 4 (4567 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Tom in Texas] Campeche

Can't Post | Private Reply
What I would like to know is if there are those visiting this forum who live in Campeche or its surroundings. We live in the highlands and are looking for a winter home. Merida appeals to us but Campeche sounds like a city with some charm and big city amenities. Any input on housing prices or the experience of living in that city in general?

(This post was edited by Bubba on Aug 21, 2004, 8:47 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4