Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Oct 5, 2006, 7:54 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2751 views)

Shortcut

IV North American Ornithological Conference

Can't Post | Private Reply
¡Hola, amigos costeños!
Yesterday I went to the World Trade Center in Veracruz city this October 3-7 for the fourth NA Ornithological Conference which is held every four years. So we are pretty lucky! The conference is very interesting with participation from all over the world(1,700 attendance!). On the way to Veracruz, we visited the PRONATURA raptor observation tower built in Chichicaxtle and then went up on the roof of the Hotel Bienvenido in Cardel where another observation station is set up. Anyway, even though I am not an itinerate bird watcher myself, it was very interesting to see how many people are so involved with their projects and the incredible variety of birds(and wildlife) there is on the east coast of Mexico.
¡Hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Curandero

Dec 31, 2006, 2:20 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2703 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] IV North American Ornithological Conference

Darn! I've gotta wait four more years? Well, conference or no, the birding is great in the area. I remember long runs trough areas near El Haya where I could I.D. birds without breaking stride.

I'll be seeing you in June 2007, Mr. Roy D. I lived around the corner (sort of) from your studio (on Jiménez) for a time there in 2002. I had to get back to the states suddenly, however, and now, five years later, I'm ready to try again!
-Jeff, the Holt Rinehart editor

RonMader

Jan 3, 2007, 9:46 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2680 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] IV North American Ornithological Conference

Sounds very interesting.

Any chance that the conference yielded a list of local bird guides in Veracruz?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4