Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

gaucha

Sep 15, 2006, 1:26 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3597 views)

Shortcut

Expo-Ganadera Jalisco

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am trying to find out where in Guadalajara is the "Expo-Ganadera Jalisco" located at. . I received an invitation to attend it but since I am in the States I am not familiar with the Guadalajara area . Does anyone know?? I understand that it is a yearly event similar to the ones held in the states in which they show all items related with farming - crafts, farm animals. horses etc...(State Fair)
The show will be from Oct.17th through Oct. 23rd.
I would like to attend , and I need to know where to make hotel reservations etc..
thank you in advance .

esperanza

Sep 15, 2006, 2:48 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3587 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gaucha] Expo-Ganadera Jalisco

The Expo Ganadera is held annually at the Unión Ganadera at the intersection of Lázaro Cárdenas and González Gallo, on the south side of downtown. Your best bet for a hotel would probably be in Guadalajara's Centro Histórico.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

gaucha

Sep 15, 2006, 3:44 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3580 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Expo-Ganadera Jalisco

Thank you !! Esperanza . If you have any suggestions on hotels in the Centro Historico please let me know. The show will have the championship of Azteca horses (of which I am a breeder)it promises to be very educational .Gracias de nuevo -Isabel.

wendy devlin

Sep 15, 2006, 9:24 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3559 views)

Shortcut

Gaucha,
If you attend this Expo, I hope you'll report back to this forum and tell us what it was like.

In the colonial days of Guadalajara, 'los senores de ganada', were thought of as 'movers and shakers' in the region.

(that tid-bit gleaned from the displays in El Museo de la Cuidad en centro)

(This post was edited by wendy devlin on Sep 15, 2006, 9:24 PM)

macmember

Sep 17, 2006, 8:22 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3511 views)

Shortcut

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Centro Historico. It had a great location, nice rooms, good restaurant, Air Conditoned, English Channel TV,Internet cafe for guests. We would go back in a second, IF we returned to Guadalajara.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4