Sep 7, 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #4 of 10
Trust me to have a new and interesting problem!
I've tried entering MexConnect by:
My ISP is Comcast, and as far as I know nothing has changed with them in the past month. I suspect the problem may lie either with the way they are configuring my account, or perhaps with my router.
- using my pre-existing bookmark. No luck.
- typing in www.mexconnect.com. No luck.
- typing in http://www.mexconnected.com. No luck.
- going to Google, asking for "Mexico connect", and clicking on the resulting link. No luck.
- using IE instead of Netscape. No luck.
- using Firefox instead of either IE or Netscape. No luck.
- clicking on links in email notices of replies to my posts or PMs. No luck.
- using my laptop to connect. No luck.
- using my desktop to connect. No luck.
- using my husband's desktop to connect. (I know, too damned many computers.) No luck.
- borrowing my daughter's laptop and trying to connect. No luck.
- dancing about cursing in every language I know. No luck, but it made me feel better.
What I haven't tried, so far, is taking the laptop down to, say, Starbucks and trying to connect through their wireless hot spot. I guess I need to do that, just to make sure that it's not my hardware that's at fault. Unless you have some brilliant suggestion for me? Please? Posted during the workday, so that I can see it?