Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

RonMader

Sep 6, 2006, 3:45 AM

Post #1 of 8 (3151 views)

Shortcut

Bosque la Primavera

Can't Post | Private Reply
Next week I will be in Guadalajara and presenting a web seminar in Bosque la primavera.

A question for those familiar with the area -- anything to see? Anything you would like in terms of information online Bosque's website?

misslyn

Sep 6, 2006, 3:43 PM

Post #2 of 8 (3117 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RonMader] Bosque la Primavera

Rio Caliente health spa is definitely worth a look. They offer mineral springs, healthy food, yoga, water aerobics, hiking, horseback riding, massage, mudbaths ... Muy relajante.

Bloviator

Sep 7, 2006, 7:21 AM

Post #3 of 8 (3077 views)

Shortcut

Re: [misslyn] Bosque la Primavera

How does one get to Bosque la Primavera. Any other information as to what to see there. I've been wanting to find out about it for quite awhile.

misslyn

Sep 7, 2006, 9:24 AM

Post #4 of 8 (3065 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Bosque la Primavera

Check out their website: http://www.riocaliente.com/. It doesn't tell you how to get there, but it's about 45 minutes from the airport. Enjoy!

RonMader

Sep 21, 2006, 4:43 AM

Post #5 of 8 (2977 views)

Shortcut

Photos from the trip are now online
http://www.flickr.com/...ts/72157594288101914

It is a beautiful forest!

Bloviator

Sep 21, 2006, 6:08 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2969 views)

Shortcut

Thanks for the information. We almost went Monday, but found out that we have to be out of our house in ten days. We are now packing furiously. However, will visit as soon as possible.

Bloviator

Dec 26, 2006, 5:33 AM

Post #7 of 8 (2852 views)

Shortcut

Finally took our trip to the Bosque Primavera. It consists of a drive off the Nogales hiway just before the military checkpoint and the start of the cuota leaving the Guad area. After going through a small village, one drives through several picnic areas. There are several balnearos catering primarily to Mexicans, the Rio Caliente spa - which was blocked by a gate and a guard who would not let us enter, so I cannot comment on it - and a nice picnic ground just south of the spa on the Rio Caliente.

It was a nice drive through a forest area (bosque) and quite pleasant. I would, however, not go there again from Ajijic. If I lived in the area, I would picnic there during the rainy season when I'm sure it is much prettier.

(This post was edited by dlyman6500 on Dec 26, 2006, 5:34 AM)

RonMader

Dec 26, 2006, 12:55 PM

Post #8 of 8 (2826 views)

Shortcut

sorry to hear the gate was locked. so many of these places are out of reach for visitors and then operators complain that no one visits.

I will likely return in early 07 to conduct a second round of the web seminar. More to follow

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4