Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

tfyoung

Sep 4, 2006, 5:51 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1825 views)

Shortcut

Planning Veracruz Trip

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are in the planning stages for a road trip to the Veracruz, Xalapa, Xico, etc., area. There isn't much I want to see between the border and Veracruz. So I'm trying to figure out how many hours travel it will take to get from the border to Veracruz. Crossing at Los Indios has been suggested in other posts. That will probably be my point of entry. Any recent information concerning travel time from someone with experience on this route will be appreciated.

Ed and Fran

Sep 5, 2006, 7:16 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1805 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tfyoung] Planning Veracruz Trip

Can't Post | Private Reply
So I'm trying to figure out how many hours travel it will take to get from the border to Veracruz. Crossing at Los Indios has been suggested in other posts.

Driving time depends on lots of stuff like how often you take potty breaks, how heavy a foot you have, and the route you take. For us, Los Indios (once you've cleared paperwork and stuff) to Veracruz would be about 15 hours driving. That would break down as 7 hours Los Indios to Tampico (via San Fernando, Soto la Marina, and Aldama, although I think going via Cd Victoria would result about the same), 3 hours Tampico to Tuxpan, and 4-1/2 hrs Tuxpan to Veracruz (bypassing Poza Rica). Those times allow for short snack breaks and gasoline, but you'd need to add a bit if you go into a restaurant for a full meal.

Your mileage (and driving time) may vary, but there's one data point for you.

Regards

Ed & Fran

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4