First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Bubba

Aug 23, 2006, 11:08 PM

Post #1 of 30 (3852 views)

Shortcut

God Bless America

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am not making this up.

We live in Ajijic and have friends in Nashville who bring us stuff now and then.

I asked them to bring me a jar of Duke´s Mayonnaise, the best commercial mayonnaise product manufactured in the United States of America. This stuff is manufactured in Richmond, VA and when I lived in California I had it shipped to me by the case since it´s only available in parts of the Southeast.

My friends are no longer able to carry this jar of mayo on the plane in carry on luggage and must check this product where it is likely to be broken or end up in Ecuador.

The land of the free and the home of the brave my butt. .

sfmacaws

Aug 23, 2006, 11:42 PM

Post #2 of 30 (3828 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] God Bless America

Oh Bubba! I can't believe you are serious? Do you read the paper? Do you think it would be any different flying from London or Paris? Would you be comfortable flying on a commercial flight without any security? Why not place the blame where it belongs, on those radical islamic fools.

Sometimes I can't believe you are as smart as I know you are and still come out with these really ignorant statements. Now, if you wanted to blame all the evils of the world on religion I wouldn't argue with you.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

Gringal

Aug 24, 2006, 8:42 AM

Post #3 of 30 (3763 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sfmacaws] God Bless America

In a way, you're both right. The world has gone to hell in general. There are crazies whose object in life is to bring down a plane with hundreds of passengers, sometimes including themselves. Back in the good old days, planes only went down accidentally.

If the worst thing that happens as a result of all this is missing out on one's favorite mayonnaise, it's "collateral damage" and time to count one's blessings.

Bubba

Aug 24, 2006, 9:07 AM

Post #4 of 30 (3748 views)

Shortcut

Would you be comfortable flying on a commercial flight without any security?

Jonna:

I don´t feel comfortable flying with security. It is clearly impossible that this aluminum mechanical contrivance can actually leave the ground much less stay in the air. The only reason people actually get on one of those things is whiskey.

Could you and Mimi possibly bring me a case of Dukes in your RV when you come to San Cristobal? It will earn you up to one month´s free rent in our new digs down there which should be ready in February (that´s Mexican time so I don´t know what it means).

If you think that was an ignorant statement about senior citizens flying with mayo, you should have heard what I told my mama when $13 disappeared from her purse and I showed up with 4.500 jaw breakers four hours later.

(This post was edited by Bubba on Aug 24, 2006, 9:08 AM)

arbon

Aug 24, 2006, 9:14 AM

Post #5 of 30 (3743 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
"My friends are no longer able to carry this jar of mayo on the plane in carry on luggage and must check this product where it is likely to be broken or end up in Ecuador."

What surprised me about "Bubbas friends in Nashville", is that they couldn't pack a jar of "Duke´s Mayonnaise", so it would not get broken, they sound as smart as Bubba.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

morgaine7

Aug 24, 2006, 9:16 AM

Post #6 of 30 (3742 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] God Bless America

Back in the good old days, planes only went down accidentally.

**SPLORT** Minor correction: I've been flying since 1958, and most flights I've been on have come down intentionally :-)

Ditto to the rest, though. Whether flying or driving to Mexico (or anywhere), getting there has stopped being half the fun.

Kate

Bubba

Aug 24, 2006, 9:36 AM

Post #7 of 30 (3732 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] God Bless America

The main difference between flying mayo to Ajijic from Nashville versus Arbon´s frozen tundra is that when our friends arrive at the airpòrt in Nashville the mayo is not frozen solid and is still in a viscuous state. They stopped performing anal searches on Canadians flying over the U.S. to Mexico when several agents developed frostbite on their index fingers and had to have them removed..

nfabq

Aug 24, 2006, 10:57 AM

Post #8 of 30 (3706 views)

Shortcut

I thought you were saying your butt is now brave and free.

Norm

arbon

Aug 24, 2006, 10:59 AM

Post #9 of 30 (3704 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
"The main difference between flying mayo to Acidic from Nashville versus Arbon´s frozen tundra is that when our friends arrive at the airport in Nashville the mayo is not frozen solid and is still in a viscuous state."

Bubba, I think Nashville and your friends sound like they are in a vacuous State.

(Those "V" words are still giving you trouble.) Eh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(This post was edited by arbon on Aug 24, 2006, 11:52 AM)

Ron Pickering W3FJW

Aug 24, 2006, 11:20 AM

Post #10 of 30 (3694 views)

Shortcut

Sticks and stones.....................................
Getting older and still not down here.

arbon

Aug 24, 2006, 11:25 AM

Post #11 of 30 (3691 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ron Pickering W3FJW] God Bless America

Can't Post |
Sticks and stones..................................... and viscous/ vicious Mayo'.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gringal

Aug 24, 2006, 11:36 AM

Post #12 of 30 (3687 views)

Shortcut

Vicious mayo: A few seconds on your tongue and a lifetime on your gut.

VSOP

Aug 24, 2006, 12:06 PM

Post #13 of 30 (3675 views)

Shortcut

Ok, Bubba! I'm game . . . I'll try it with one jar, at least. Do you want Regular or Light? I hope it doesn't blow up in my bag!

No hay rosas sin espinas . . .

VSOP

Aug 24, 2006, 12:12 PM

Post #14 of 30 (3668 views)

Shortcut

Afterthought: Wouldn't the mayo be great with fresh cracked crab from the Wharf? Mmmmmmm. Fuggedaboudit! If I go there, I'm going for the abalone at Scoma's. You're on for one cracked (I hope NOT) jar of Duke's, though.

You need to talk to the folks at Duke's and tell them to start packaging in plastic, like the other mayo pro's do.

Gringal

Aug 24, 2006, 12:25 PM

Post #15 of 30 (3658 views)

Shortcut

Re: [VSOP] God Bless America

What do think the chances of a Bubba wanting "light" mayo might be?

VSOP

Aug 24, 2006, 12:37 PM

Post #16 of 30 (3651 views)

Shortcut

HAHAHAHAHAHA . . . exactly! That's why I've already got him a jar of Regular!

Had to make sure it was available locally before I got him excited. Hey! It's not too bad, though . . . only 100Cals/12gFat/10mgCholesterol/75mgSodium per Tbsp.

Sure you still want it, Bubba?

sfmacaws

Aug 24, 2006, 1:45 PM

Post #17 of 30 (3632 views)

Shortcut

I gotta admit I don't feel too safe flying either, I keep stalling on a trip I'm supposed to make that requires flying. Rationally I know the odds are better than driving on the 215 but who's rational about stuff like this? The longer I travel in an RV the less attractive it looks to have to #1 pack a suitcase #2 use public restrooms #3 sleep in strange beds #4 eat all your meals in a restaurant #5 cross more than one time zone in a day #6 not have the dogs with me all the time. Yech!

I don't know about a case of Dukes but I'll look for a couple jars when we are in Texas this fall. We might go into Louisiana as well, would it be easier to find there? I don't need a months free rent unless you've got a bigger grass field than the Hotel Bonampak but I'll take another great meal and some dark rum. Shoot! Now we have to go over to San Cris (which I try to do every year anyway) because I have a couple pounds of stone ground grits in my freezer and I was considering putting some rutabegas in there too. If we get stuck for food I could have grits, rutabegas and mayo - it actually sounds kinda good.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

Bubba

Aug 24, 2006, 1:46 PM

Post #18 of 30 (3631 views)

Shortcut

I definitely want it fellow Munngummrian. Don´t you be coming down here without my Duke´s "Reglar" Mayo. I would not stoop to respond to the inquiry as to whether of not I would prefer "light" mayo under any trademark..

Munngummry boy just took the Greyhound to New York and it wuz his first time out of Munngummry and he wuz walking around staring shamelessly straight up at all them skyscrapers and admiring the Navajos who built them when he ran across this effete Eastern snob on his way to steal some ignorant old lady´s IRA account and Munngummery boy says,

"Pardon me sir but could you possibly point out to me where the Sears Tower is at?"

The effete Eastern snob says:

"You clownish and rustic swamp hopping buffoon, the Sears Tower is in Chicago and furthermore, in New York we do not end a sentence with a preposition."

Munngummery boy says:

"Well ´scuse me but could you tell me where the Sears Tower in Chicago is at, asshole?"

Bubba

Aug 24, 2006, 1:50 PM

Post #19 of 30 (3627 views)

Shortcut

Had to make sure it was available locally before I got him excited. Hey! It's not too bad, though . . . only 100Cals/12gFat/10mgCholesterol/75mgSodium per Tbsp.

Hey, do I want it. only 100 calories in a whole jar of mayonnaise! Bring me two cases.

Bubba

Aug 24, 2006, 2:00 PM

Post #20 of 30 (3620 views)

Shortcut

Oh, Man:

Dukes, rutabagas and stone ground grits. Allright!
By the way, I´m not kidding about the rutabagas and turnips as well. I make a mean Algerian cous cous with these ingredients and you will love it. When I lived in the states, you could only buy Dukes on the Southeastern Atlantic coast but they seem to have recently expended their market.
We do not have a large field for your dogs in our enclosure but they can walk a couple of blocks to the park in front of the local church and poop where the humans do while we have our rum and Coke..

RickS

Aug 24, 2006, 6:28 PM

Post #21 of 30 (3561 views)

Shortcut

Re: Duke's

Bubba's new avatar

Bubba

Aug 24, 2006, 8:10 PM

Post #22 of 30 (3533 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Duke's

Bubba's new avatar

Sorry Rick but you missposted this impressive image under the wrong thread which you entitled Duke´s by RickS. You clearly meant to take your presentation into Classroom 303 or Remedial Logic 101 with the theme entitled KEEPING ON TRACK and that will become obvious to you if you read the posts on that thread. However, you can only qualify for participation in that discourse if you have an IQ under 75 and can prove that by quoting bowling scores from the MidWest Kansas Thursday Night "Dunkin Donuts" league for August 2001.

caldwelld

Aug 25, 2006, 9:51 AM

Post #23 of 30 (3448 views)

Shortcut

Correct!! NOw repeat after me - altogether now: The terrorists have won; the terrorists have won. Nice to be in Mexico.
dondon

Bubba

Aug 25, 2006, 10:38 AM

Post #24 of 30 (3436 views)

Shortcut

Re: [caldwelld] God Bless America

Wells said, dondon.

Gringal

Aug 25, 2006, 10:48 AM

Post #25 of 30 (3433 views)

Shortcut

Re: [caldwelld] God Bless America

"Give me liberty or give me death" was a statement made long ago, when the country-to-be was young and
fearless. We've come a long way as a nation, baby. In the U.S., people are now more afraid for their lives than for their freedom, so they have chosen..... less freedom. We look for the enemy and it is us. Have the terrorists won? Good question. I suppose you can be "scared to death".

Yes, it is good to be living in the middle of Mexico, far from the madding crowd. However, the plague can find us, even in the castle. It is just a matter of time.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4