Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

blue

Aug 15, 2006, 5:47 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3387 views)

Shortcut

Price of a used vehicle in mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm selling both my vehicles before I move. I'm wondering what the price range is for a used pickup truck,make not too important, year between 1990 and now. Do they have used car lots in Chapala area, do you have to go to Guad to get one?
What we see depends mainly on what we look for. (John Lubbock)

kwschopf

Aug 15, 2006, 8:00 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3360 views)

Shortcut

Re: [blue] Price of a used vehicle in mexico

I don't know the price of used vehicles in the Chapala area, but we chose to do the same when we moved to Puerto Vallarta. Earlier this summer, we bought a very nice 2003 Nissan double cab pickup with only 32,000 kilometers for $100,000MXP. We found the truck in Mano-a-Mano, a local free classified paper similar to Nickel Ads. The previous owner kept meticulous records and cared for the truck very conscientiously. Unfortunately, I can't compare the price to US prices because this model was not sold in the US. Transfering the title, getting it registered, etc. cost about $250 US, and would have been impossible if we had not solicited the help of a Mexican friend to run interference for us. Our Spanish simply isn't good enough. but it is getting better. There are relatively fewer foreign-plated cars in the Vallarta area, so we feel more comfortable driving a Mexican-plated car. Hope this gives you a little encouragement....

patricio_lintz

Aug 16, 2006, 9:18 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3302 views)

Shortcut

see: www.informador.com.mx

avisos de Ocasion clasificados:

http://www.informador.com.mx/avisooc/frmaviso.htm

El Muro also has on-line classified ads, but I lost the site.

RickS

Aug 16, 2006, 10:35 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3292 views)

Shortcut

To answer your 'used car dealer' question, yes there is at least one..... S&S Auto owned by a nice gringo on the Chapala/Ajijic carretera. As for price I don't have personal experience but I understand that 1) the price vs the US for a similar vehicle will be 'quite a bit' higher, and 2) Lakeside will typically be higher than Guadalajara for the 'same' vehicle.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4