Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

sfmacaws

Aug 15, 2006, 1:44 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2789 views)

Shortcut

Xalapa RV parking?

Can't Post | Private Reply
While we've got somewhere between 40k and 50k miles of travel in Mexico, there are still many areas we have not explored. One of those is the state of Veracruz, particularly the highlands around Xalapa. I'm thinking about this fall's route south to our place in QRoo and would like to stop for awhile there. I can't however, find any info on places that we could park our RV more or less near Xalapa. We are pretty good at finding temporary spots but they are not always somewhere we could leave the RV while we were out looking around in the city. So, if anyone has ideas for a secure spot to park a 27' RV I'd love to hear it.

Roy, if you see this, is there a hotel with a large parking lot and security that might let us rent a spot in the parking lot? We don't need anything like electricity or water but we do want to feel it is safe for our stuff and our dogs while we are out and about. If I can find a good spot I'd like to take a week or two of spanish classes. I try to do that every year somewhere, preferably somewhere I haven't yet explored and Xalapa sounds perfect. We are comfortable parking in cities, I realize that Xalapa is known for it's traffic but if we can fit through the streets (we are smaller than most buses) to a good spot we are not afraid to do it.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Aug 15, 2006, 8:54 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2773 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sfmacaws] Xalapa RV parking?

¡Hola, amigos!
As you come into Xalapa from Veracruz there are several hotels, and I will try to check where you can safely park you RV as well as leave your dogs. Please send me a private message with your phone number so we can talk directly. Sorry, but I have to leave for Xico with a couple from Canada in a few minutes.
¡Hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

sfmacaws

Aug 15, 2006, 1:59 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2757 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] Xalapa RV parking?

We can investigate the hotels when we get there, it's great just to know there are some large ones coming into the city. I don't want to be a bother. Just if you hear of or have heard of RVs staying anywhere I'd love to know about it.

In addition, we haven't finalized our plans by any means so can't say for sure that is the route we will be taking.

Thanks,

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4