Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

jerezano

Aug 2, 2006, 8:27 AM

Post #1 of 3 (5866 views)

Shortcut

How to list the recent postings at the top of the forum

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello,

I just opened the Learning Spanish Forum and find that the recent postings are not listed at the top of the forum. In fact postings from several years back are now there. What has happened? How can I correct this?

I made a post about Aug 1, 2006 that I would like to see if there have been any answers and it is so buried down the list that I can't even find it without making a search. And of course that search doesn't show responses.

Related question: Is there a way to bump a lost post to the top of the postings?

Adiós. jerezano.

tonyburton

Aug 2, 2006, 8:46 AM

Post #2 of 3 (5858 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] How to list the recent postings at the top of the forum

Threads are in order of last post.
The threads you are referring to were bumped up by a poster adding information about language school websites.
The only way to bump threads up the list is by adding a (more recent) post.

We would suggest, in everbody's interest, that posters please note how old the last post is in threads that they are interested in to avoid very old posts being bumped to the top of the list unless really necessary. In most cases, it is just as good, if not better, to post such replies as the start of a new thread. Thanks!

Rolly

Aug 2, 2006, 8:48 AM

Post #3 of 3 (5857 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] How to list the recent postings at the top of the forum

There is nothing wrong with the threads on the Learning Spanish Forum; they are behaving as planned. A thread rises to the top of the list when someone makes a new post to the thread no matter how old the original is. Thus, if you want to bump an old thread to the top, just make a post to it.

Rolly Pirate

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4