Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

rockydog85251

Aug 1, 2006, 12:32 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1956 views)

Shortcut

Huichol market on Sundays

Can't Post | Private Reply
Can anyone give information about this market? We have been told that it is held on Sundays at the cathedral but know nothing more about it.
Which and where is the cathedral and is it every Sunday?

Thank you for any information.

Willie
Willie

esperanza

Aug 1, 2006, 1:17 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1949 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] Huichol market on Sundays

Could you give us a state and city to work with, please?

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

rockydog85251

Aug 1, 2006, 1:55 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1944 views)

Shortcut

Oh, DUH!!! I can't believe I did something so stupid, so sorry........I was trying to ask about the market in Tepic and was talking to someone while typing.

Willie
Willie

jerezano

Aug 1, 2006, 4:00 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1933 views)

Shortcut

Hello Willie,

Every day that I have been in Tepic, whether Sunday through Saturday there has been set up on the back of the Main Plaza across from the Cathedral a Huichol market. It is the usual small personal item type of thing. Beads, bracelets, bands, hats, bags. I never noticed any special Huichol market on Sunday.

The Cathedral is on the Central Plaza or Zócalo on Mexico Ave. Across the street is the Hotel Fray Justo? Sierra?, a four star hotel with parking also on the Zócalo. Across the street on the side is the Hotel Álica de Sierra which is an economical family type 3 star hotel. Also with parking and a discount for cash.

Not only that, but if you walk on down past the plaza toward the river and past the central market you will find two, no three shops that specialize in Huichol artistry. One, which is set up in a beautiful old colonial mansion where the family still lives and runs the store has Huichol articles of museum quality (and price as well). Don't worry, they also have plenty of more reasonable items.

Enjoy your trip. Adiós. jerezano.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4