Forums  > General > General Forum
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Irish

Jul 25, 2006, 9:28 PM

Post #26 of 29 (2175 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MariaLund] Immigration rats nest

| Private Reply
Hi Maria .. I think 25 words or less wouls be appropriate.

MariaLund

Jul 25, 2006, 10:11 PM

Post #27 of 29 (2165 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Irish] Immigration rats nest

| Private Reply
Warning: all this post is a digression from the topic!

Wow, you are generous Irish: whole 25 words per sentence could still be appropriate??? That seems a lot more than my English teacher allowed. She never tired of demanding that I split my usual "English" sentence into no less than 4 sentences, so that may be one of them could actually resemble an English sentence.
And she came just after my German teacher, who demanded that I trippled the length of my "German sentence", so it might sound like proper German sentence. ( Why, for example, say, "sag mir" / tell me/ when a lot more German would be "wollen sie vielleicht so nett sein und mir, bitte, sagen..." / would you, perhaps, like to be so nice, and tell me, please.../ lol).
What they both had in common was that they demanded a certain structure in sentences, while they both came after my Polish teacher, who insisted that I do not exaggerate with structuring the language, because it limits free expression and Polish grammar allows for freespeaking. Lol. I liked that teacher the most (maybe because she was my mother) and forever decided to keep my free, Polish spin on German and English and any other language - though, truth be told, my Latin teacher was a real disciplinarian, so I dont quite remember ever allowing myself too much Polish freedom in my Latin.
But back to my "English": bear with me? Please? I'll be forever grateful ;-)
Vivere non est necesse, navigare necesse est!

(This post was edited by MariaLund on Jul 25, 2006, 10:18 PM)

arbon

Jul 26, 2006, 6:35 AM

Post #28 of 29 (2138 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MariaLund] Immigration rats nest

|
When anyone spends so must time writing about how to do something, or spends so mush time reading about how to do something, how does any one find enough time to actually do something?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MariaLund

Jul 26, 2006, 9:43 AM

Post #29 of 29 (2111 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] Immigration rats nest

| Private Reply
Well, there are those who think and those who do... and if one mixes so "much" with "must" and "mush", then mushing might become a must. Iditarod! :-)
Vivere non est necesse, navigare necesse est!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4