Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Jul 24, 2006, 2:57 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2518 views)

Shortcut

¡Llueva, que llueva!

Can't Post | Private Reply
¡Queridos amigos costeños!
Xalapa is enjoying one of the rainiest summers that I can remember in 34 years, and it is great! The vegetation is incredibly lush and green, even I am turning green! So come down and visit us here when the rain slows down in a week or so, and betake of this verdant wonder we live in.
And for you "cantina hoppers", I finally had a beer and a half with my new friends from Cleveland, Ohio at the Bar "Las Palomas" which is next to the Xalapa Municipal Palace and which has been there for over 70 years. The 4 Bohemia beers cost $68 Pesos and included 3 bowls of delicious chicken soup, 2 tacos a person, peanuts and tostaditas. Dennis gave the waitress a $100 Peso bill. Looks like I'll just have to have beers there more often!(¡Hic, hic!)
¡Bueno, mis cuates, portense mal y cuidense bien! ¡Hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

smokesilver

Jul 25, 2006, 8:16 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2496 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] ¡Llueva, que llueva!

Hi Roy, are your Cleveland friends visiting or permanent residents? I am a Clevelander also. My next trip to Mexico is in September to Q. Roo. I hope to make Veracruz next year.

jhull

Jul 27, 2006, 1:58 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2467 views)

Shortcut

Re: [smokesilver] ¡Llueva, que llueva!

Roy, the Cleveland-Xalapa pipeline is forming. We too will be leaving the warm, unseasonably wet Cleveland climate next month to head down and enjoy Xalapa's ...well...warm, unseasonably wet climate.

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Jul 27, 2006, 2:55 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2461 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jhull] ¡Llueva, que llueva!

You are right! There seems to be a Xalapa-Cleveland connection. Dennis and Ellen decided to retire in Xalapa 8 years ago, sight unseen and having never been to Mexico before(they almost never traveled out of Cleveland!). He was a chimney sweep and she was his "manager". They are very happy here, even though it has been only 5 weeks.
Hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

(This post was edited by "El Gringo Jalapeño" on Jul 27, 2006, 2:59 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4