Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

bbc

Jul 23, 2006, 12:57 PM

Post #1 of 5 (8119 views)

Shortcut

Travel to Patzcuaro

Can't Post | Private Reply
Could someone please tell me the easiest way to get to Patzcuaro when flying from the US? (Iíve visited Guadalajara and would prefer that to Mexico City) Is there frequent enough bus service from Guad so that bus reservations would be unnecessary? Does the bus go via Morelia or direct to Patzcuaro? Which is the best bus line, and how many hours does it take? Thank you.

jennifer rose

Jul 23, 2006, 2:38 PM

Post #2 of 5 (8101 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bbc] Travel to Patzcuaro

Can't Post |
The easiest bet, depending upon where you're coming from, would be to fly into Morelia and take a cab to Patzcuaro from the airport.

Gayla

Jul 24, 2006, 12:06 PM

Post #3 of 5 (8042 views)

Shortcut

I'll second Jennifer's rec to fly directly into Morelia. Continental Express flies in daily via Houston using Embacer jets that are really quite comfortable. It's an easy flight and the whole customs/immigration process upon arrival goes very quickly. The entire change of plane thing in Mexico City is eliminated. Best deals I've found from California to Morelia were usually on the Continental Airlines web site.

bbc

Jul 24, 2006, 1:40 PM

Post #4 of 5 (8028 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gayla] Travel to Patzcuaro

Thank you! Continental's flights look like the best bet. I forgot to mention in my first post that I was trying to use up some frequent flyer miles on American and, while they list a flight into Morelia, it takes 14 hours from the East Coast.

jennifer rose

Jul 24, 2006, 2:17 PM

Post #5 of 5 (8022 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
I fly fairly frequently in and out of MLM, and Continental really can't be beat. It may cost a few dollars more than the American/Mexicana codeshare, but a) the flight times are better, and b) the planes are 100% better than the cattle car.

Because there are fewer passengers on Continental's Embraer, getting through immigration and customs is a breeze. Sometimes it takes me a full five minutes from the time the wheels hit the tarmac until I'm getting into a taxi home. Processing all of the passengers on the American/Mexicana flight can take as much as an hour.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4