Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

Veracruzana

Jun 23, 2006, 3:47 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2500 views)

Shortcut

Weather In Xalapa

Can't Post | Private Reply
My husband and I are going to be in Xalapa in the next week and we were just wondering what the current weather is like? What do we need to bring?

Ed and Fran

Jun 23, 2006, 6:15 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2494 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JoBelmont] Weather In Xalapa

Here are a couple of sites you might like to check. Like any other weather forecast, you have to take it with a grain of salt, but it could be better than nothing. The first is the Comisión Nacional de Agua website. Use the drop down menu in the middle to select Jalapa.

http://smn2.cna.gob.mx/...egacion/Default.aspx

Here's the Weather Underground page for Jalapa.

http://www.wunderground.com/...ery=jalapa%2C+mexico

For on the spot reporting, we need Roy to chime in.

Best regards

Ed

eportis

Jun 24, 2006, 5:06 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2462 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ed and Fran] Weather In Xalapa

We have been in Xalapa for the last couple of months. Ed is correct about taking the forecasts with a grain of salt. I check the weather undergroud every morning, and it is reasonably accurate for that day, but the longer term expectations, even for the next day, seem to be highly subject to change. It is the rainy season, which means that it either will rain or threaten to rain in the afternoon. It frequently will rain hard, but usually not more than an hour or two. Last week, however, we had three days without appreciable rain -- a regular drought. The high temperature has ranged from low to high 70's. It is possible for it to enter the 80's, even the high 80's, but this has been unusual in our experience, at least in June and July. The lows are usually in the 60's and you might want a jacket in the early morning. I suppose it depends are where you are coming from, but like much of central Mexico, it's hard to beat climatewise.

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Jun 29, 2006, 4:14 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2419 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JoBelmont] Weather In Xalapa

¡Hola, amigos costeños! Right now I am just waiting for Noah to pull up with his arc, since it has been raining hard all afternoon with several days of rain before. This rain certainly has been unusual, giving us almost winter weather, but I like a cool climate any day as compared to hot and muggy. I really can't remember a lot of years in the last 34 that I have been here in Xalapa that it has rained for so many days straight. However I DO NOT complain because the vegetation is lush and a beautiful green. My friends and I were in the mountains west of Xalapa yesterday, and the countryside was an incredible array of green colors. We also went to the geothermal electric generating plants at "Los Humeros" near Perote.
So bring layers of clothes with you, a light warm sweater and a good rainproof windbreaker, as well as a good portable umbrella(you can buy one here if you forget!). Come and enjoy Xalapa...the rain will have to stop someday!
"No hay mal que dure cien años, ni quien lo aguante"= There is no bad that last more than 100 years or anyone that can withstand it(in other words, you will be dead in less than 100 years, so the problem will be over for you).

Look me up when you get here!
¡Hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4