Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

Veeru

Jun 28, 2002, 12:42 PM

Post #1 of 5 (6348 views)

Shortcut

Road trip from Veracruz to Cancun - Help please !

Can't Post |
Hi,<p>I'm planning on going to Cancun for a short vacation (from Bay Area, California). Since airfares are costly, I plan on flying to Veracruz or Oaxaca and making a road trip to Cancun (by Bus, or car rental).<p>Can someone please tell me about distances from Veracruz or Oaxaca to Cancun ? Also, driving or bus time ? Any other travel advice will be also welcome.<p>Thanks in advance,
Veeru

alex

Jun 29, 2002, 12:49 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6334 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: Hi,<p>: I'm planning on going to Cancun for a short vacation (from Bay Area, California). Since airfares are costly, I plan on flying to Veracruz or Oaxaca and making a road trip to Cancun (by Bus, or car rental).<p>: Can someone please tell me about distances from Veracruz or Oaxaca to Cancun ? Also, driving or bus time ? Any other travel advice will be also welcome.<p>: Thanks in advance,
: Veeru<p>

alex

Jun 29, 2002, 12:49 PM

Post #3 of 5 (6334 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: Hi,<p>: I'm planning on going to Cancun for a short vacation (from Bay Area, California). Since airfares are costly, I plan on flying to Veracruz or Oaxaca and making a road trip to Cancun (by Bus, or car rental).<p>: Can someone please tell me about distances from Veracruz or Oaxaca to Cancun ? Also, driving or bus time ? Any other travel advice will be also welcome.<p>: Thanks in advance,

alex

Jun 29, 2002, 12:54 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6327 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
by bus from oaxaca to cancun it's about 20 hours, you have to change at I think villahermosa. when I did it, we left around 6pm from oaxaca, got in at 5 am in villahermosa, and took the bus there at 6am. I'm a little vague on the details. freom veracruz it's probably 18 hours or so. take sleeping pills and think of the money you're saving.
by car it's a good two days driving from veracruz, three from oaxaca. depending on the state, there are some very good and some very bad roads. oaxaca is mountainous, hence the travel times. <p>: Hi,<p>: I'm planning on going to Cancun for a short vacation (from Bay Area, California). Since airfares are costly, I plan on flying to Veracruz or Oaxaca and making a road trip to Cancun (by Bus, or car rental).<p>: Can someone please tell me about distances from Veracruz or Oaxaca to Cancun ? Also, driving or bus time ? Any other travel advice will be also welcome.<p>: Thanks in advance,

Veeru

Jun 29, 2002, 7:06 PM

Post #5 of 5 (6336 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Thanks for the info. Very useful indeed. Sounds like too much trouble (even with the sleeping pills). Would much rather go to Cancun some time else.<p>Thanks,
Veeru<p>: by bus from oaxaca to cancun it's about 20 hours, you have to change at I think villahermosa. when I did it, we left around 6pm from oaxaca, got in at 5 am in villahermosa, and took the bus there at 6am. I'm a little vague on the details. freom veracruz it's probably 18 hours or so. take sleeping pills and think of the money you're saving.
: by car it's a good two days driving from veracruz, three from oaxaca. depending on the state, there are some very good and some very bad roads. oaxaca is mountainous, hence the travel times. <p>: : Hi,<p>: : I'm planning on going to Cancun for a short vacation (from Bay Area, California). Since airfares are costly, I plan on flying to Veracruz or Oaxaca and making a road trip to Cancun (by Bus, or car rental).<p>: : Can someone please tell me about distances from Veracruz or Oaxaca to Cancun ? Also, driving or bus time ? Any other travel advice will be also welcome.<p>: : Thanks in advance,
: : Veeru<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4