Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Bloviator

May 23, 2006, 6:58 PM

Post #1 of 2 (411 views)

Shortcut

Cars to Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
Yesterday, I heard of an approach to the car problem that has me inspired. I hope that it works, is legal, makes sense, etc. I don't know the person who told me about it, but he says he has been here for a number of years.

The person buys a 10+ year old popular car - Jeep Cherokee - NoB. He gets it insured and drives it NoB, then when he returns here, gets it Mexican plates at the border. He gets it insured here, drives it here, then sells it and does the whole thing over again when going NoB. He buys the cars for $3-4K US, pays $600 US for Mexican plates and registration, then sells the car for $6-7K US. That pretty much pays for the trip.

Does this work?

sfmacaws

May 23, 2006, 10:48 PM

Post #2 of 2 (373 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Cars to Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
We have a friend in QRoo that makes his living that way. Of course, he also is willing to fill that car with tv's and anything else someone orders from NOB. You order it and send it to his drop address in Texas, he picks it up and brings it south. He is up on the regulations for cars, but he also converts them once he gets to QRoo and has said that only mexican citizens can convert them at the border. I might have heard that wrong but that's how I remember it. We bought a truck from him but it was converted in Cancun.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4