May 8, 2006, 5:36 AM
Post #9 of 42
I am 59, my wife is 42, and our son is 16. we live in central NY and have a wonderful home, 13 acres 2 mountains full of hard wood, a 25 ft wide trout stream that runs through out the property, a 2200 sq ft house, 4 bdrms, 21/2 baths, 2 fireplaces, 6 skylights and hardwood floors all on a dead end road. It has been called a little bit of heaven, so what is WRONG?
Re: [Rolly] Why Should One Retire to Mexico?
Can't Post |
1. It is, as I write 46 degrees in May that breaks down to about 6 months out of the year it is COLD.
2. New York is expensive, property taxes even with a VA discount is $5,000 a year, with a 8.6 % sales tax, an income tax.
3. This area is not a very friendly place.
4. I am COLD.
Why move to Mexico
1. I am not ready to stay locked up and need an adventure
2. My wife is the worlds biggest door mat, she will help anyone, or animal anytime, anywhere, she is an Optician, and a Veterinary Tech, she also does signing and crafts.
3. Our son reads and writes music, and plays by ear, he did play the violin for 5 years but because of the High School that he goes to he has quit playing music, and grades have gone down, he is bored, he is an outcast, and he does speak some Spanish he was born in San Antonio, TX and went to school where he was the only Gringo and loved it. Richard needs an adventure and a challenge.
4. I am the glue and the drive that makes it all work.
We are coming as soon as heaven is sold.
(This post was edited by prorader on May 8, 2006, 5:37 AM)