Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

kittythegm

May 3, 2006, 12:10 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2680 views)

Shortcut

Source for?

Can't Post | Private Reply
We have a neighbor that is trying to assist us with some repairs on our home. We are looking for a supplier in the Lake Chapala area for cement tiles. Not sure what the name is for this type of tile. They are about 3/4 to 1" thick and have an interlocking design - flat at both ends but curved on the other two sides. Our particular ones are a light yellow but we think they come in assorted colors.

Any insight would be most appreciated. We are trying to make these arrangements from Albuquerque and our neighbor in Ixtlahuacan has no idea where to look.

Judy in Ags

May 3, 2006, 1:01 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2673 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kittythegm] Source for?

That sounds like what we just finished putting on our house. Ours comes from Guadalajara. It's caller MonierLifetile. My brother-in-law in the U.S. used this very same thing and it cost him several times what it costs here.

www.monierlifetile.com.mx
ventas@monierlifetile.com.mx

'Hope this helps.

Photo attached of our house
Attachments: Tile_temp.jpg (46.6 KB)

Rolly

May 3, 2006, 1:25 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2670 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Judy in Ags] Source for?

Judy, your house turned out really nice. I'd love to see some inside shots.

I'm so glad the yard project is yours and not mine. Smile

Rolly Pirate

kittythegm

May 3, 2006, 1:49 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2667 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Judy in Ags] Source for?

I guess that I was not clear - these are floor tiles. Not sure about the exact size but around 12".

Judy in Ags

May 3, 2006, 4:07 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2649 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Source for?

Right, Rolly, John is really thankful for the many months that it doesn't rain because when it does and the grass grows it takes him about 3 to 3 1/2 hours to mow. I'll put some photos of the inside on here soon. We finally got a phone!!!! I'm installing Infinitum tomorrow.

Cynthia7

May 3, 2006, 7:58 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2631 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kittythegm] Source for?

Cement floor tiles are called mosaicos in Mexico. I have only seen the square ones. Most towns have a small factory that makes them..some solid and some with squiggly color..play like marble??

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4