Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

1chilehead

May 1, 2006, 10:46 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1859 views)

Shortcut

Any referrals?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola All,

I've been lurking for a bit here, looking at all the great posts. I've been going Mexico for years now and love it, totally enamored. I've also been a foodie for awhile too, even breaking away from corporate drone-dome (just kill me now) to take cooking classes and some catering. I would like to start a company specializing in culinary tours of Mexico, the six regions plus the annual Culinary Festival in Pto Vallarta in November and the International Seafood Competition in Ensenada combined with a Baja Winery tour - so we are looking at eight packages (we are headed for Ensenada and wine country for the first time in about 2 weeks - I can't wait).

Anyway, I've been doing my research and have found some chefs that also hold classes, but have yet to contact them. I was wondering if any of you had contacts with local chefs - I'm looking for traditional types for the regions, not haute cuisine. I want my clients to get the real Mexico (or as close as is realistic for this industry). I've read about Rolly's Dona Martha, but she may not be interested in teaching a bunch of heathen Gringos (though it would be really cool if she did).

Any advice and contacts are greatly appreciated.

Theresa

(This post was edited by 1chilehead on May 1, 2006, 10:48 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4