Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

barbnbill

Apr 25, 2006, 6:15 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2374 views)

Shortcut

Sayulita home

Can't Post | Private Reply
We have recently purchased a home in Sayulita and hope to move there when we can. Interested in talking with anyone who has moved there or is planning on doing so. Also, anyone who has made the move and can answer questions or give tips.

Thanks, Barbara

Oscar2

Apr 26, 2006, 10:54 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2325 views)

Shortcut

Re: [barbnbill] Sayulita home

Your initial listing on a different section kind of through me off because the Sayulita or is that Sayulito, I knew has great memories for me. Since it was moved to the correct sight, Iíd just like to say that Iím envious of your find in Sayulito!

Iíve been there twice and enjoyed the visit from overcrowded PV each time. Just shortly north of Sayulito is San Francisco, affectionately called by the locals as San Pancho. This too was an un-congested, laid back piece of open beach front heaven I will never forget. Itís as close to a throw back in memory of what I remember of Zehuatanejo in 1970.

I remember renting a jeep and taking to the back country rutted roads just past San Pancho, up into the nearby Coastline Mountains and suddenly out of nowhere these beautiful homes, isolated and alone projected themselves on bluffs and cliffs overlooking the ocean. Some of which even had there own little alcove of private beach away from the maddening crowds. It, in a word was, gorgeous!

I donít know where or what you invested into in Sayulito, but would certainly enjoy hearing particulars about your new home, away from home or is it going to be a permanent home?

barbnbill

Apr 26, 2006, 6:19 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2286 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Oscar2] Sayulita home

We have spent several years exploring the coast north and south of PV and kept coming back to Sayulita (yes, it is Sayulita) Everything there is growing and becoming more expensive and we decided we had to do it now or we would be priced out. Sayulita is growing but remains a finky kind of village, very laid back. We hope it will remain that way for a while and we do plan to retire there. The sooner the better. They have built a road from Punta Mita to Sayulita so development is coming. They are already vuilding a resort at Litibu beach in Higuera Blanca just south of Sayulita.

Chumley

Apr 27, 2006, 8:58 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2251 views)

Shortcut

Re: [barbnbill] Sayulita home

Can't Post |
Although we live permanently in San Miguel de Allende, we make trips to the beach at least twice a year, usually at the beginning and middle of our "winter" months. We have stayed in both Sayulita and La Manzanilla, and both are wonderful places to unwind by the sea. We find Sayulita a little more developed, with more construction on the way. It seems to be populated more by California gringos as opposed to La Manzanilla, which has a decidedly Canadian and Texas twist to it. If you are one of those lucky enough to have a new home that overlooks the water north of town, I envy you.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4