Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Bloviator

Apr 14, 2006, 8:35 PM

Post #1 of 7 (937 views)

Shortcut

Nogales Entry

Can't Post | Private Reply
Just got a request for information about bringing in a car through Nogales. The person was told that they were not to get their papers at the border, but to go to a site 13 miles beyond the border. We have brought cars through several other crossings and took care of the details at the border.

Is the procedure different in Nogales?

johanson

Apr 14, 2006, 8:48 PM

Post #2 of 7 (934 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Nogales Entry

I'm no expert, but from my experience, everything was done at the border, and not "13 miles in".

Esteban

Apr 14, 2006, 8:49 PM

Post #3 of 7 (933 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Nogales Entry

It's NOT done at the border. That's correct. It's done about 13 miles south. There are signs and a check point.

Ron Pickering W3FJW

Apr 14, 2006, 9:05 PM

Post #4 of 7 (931 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Esteban] Nogales Entry

Actually I think the signs say Kilometer 21. On return (if returning) let them take the permit off your windshield at the same location. Use the right lane heading north (not marked very well). I had to turn around at Nogales, drive back, and have it done.
Getting older and still not down here.

Kimpatsu Hekigan

Apr 14, 2006, 11:30 PM

Post #5 of 7 (917 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Detailed guide for crossing at Nogales

Here's a driving guide to Alamos, Sonora, that also covers the border crossing procedures at Nogales in detail:

Highway Driving Guide to Alamos

Tourist cards (FM-T) and vehicle permits can both be obtained at the Km 21 checkpoint south of Nogales. Car permits are only issued there, not at the border itself.

HTH,

-- K.H.

The Disciple lamented, "Master! Why is my life beset with problems?!"
The Master observed, "Only tourists step in dog droppings..."

Bloviator

Apr 15, 2006, 6:31 AM

Post #6 of 7 (900 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kimpatsu_hekigan] Detailed guide for crossing at Nogales

Thanks to those of you who responded. I have emailed the results and hope that the person gets taken care of properly.

bournemouth

Apr 15, 2006, 6:36 AM

Post #7 of 7 (898 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Detailed guide for crossing at Nogales

Additionally, if the person coming in is only going to be in the State of Sonora, then no papers are necessary until a location just south of Empalme, where Only Sonora papers can be issued for the balance of the state. Only Sonora is no longer available at Kl.21. However, papers for all of Mexico are issued at Kl 21. Only Sonora papers are returnable at the area south of Empalme. All of Mexico papers are returnable at Kl. 21.
Later this summer the All Mexico paperwork may be able to be processed south of Empalme but the work on building the new offices there is going slowly.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4