Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Apr 9, 2006, 8:24 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1966 views)

Shortcut

Domingo de Ramos in Spokane

Can't Post | Private Reply
¡Queridos amigos costeños!
Well, I'm here in Spokane, WA awaiting the knee surgery that my mother will have this next Tuesday. I had forgotten the "cold" and wet weather of the NorthWest! At least I got a nice bicycle ride up in the hills with my brother this late afternoon.
But while I was at the Lutheran church this morning during the Palm Sunday servcie, I SOOOOO,,,missed the Domingo de Ramos in Xalapa, with so many people selling "cruces" and other objects made of "palma" to be blessed by the priest(or even better the Bishop) so that we can put them in our homes and business to feel the Lords presence during a year. Today was also the "Paseo Dominical" on bicycles that the Club Cafecletos has every second Sunday of every month. Also my daughter's family(with our 3 grandchildren) will be spending Easter vacation at our home in Xalapa.
¡Como quisiera estar con ellos!
¡Que Dios les bendiga este Domingo de Ramos!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

CCarol

Apr 13, 2006, 7:33 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1936 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] Domingo de Ramos in Spokane

Can't Post | Private Reply
Glad to have some sympathy regarding our wet, wet weather here in the pacific northwest (I'm in Coeur d' Alene). Gosh, are we ever sick of the rain!! Glad to hear you will be heading back south for the holidays....Remember to say a prayer for all us northerners when you're enjoying that beautiful sunshine.
Carol

"Be kind, for everyone you know is facing a great battle." (Philo of Alexandria)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4