Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

MazDee

Apr 3, 2006, 8:59 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1714 views)

Shortcut

Visit to Colima via Tequilla Suggestions

Can't Post | Private Reply
I posted this message in Travel, but maybe it is better here. The moderators can do what they wish with it! Just put it someplace...
A friend and I are going to make our first visit to Colima during Semana Santa, because we haven't been there before and because we want to get away from the madness in Maz at that time. We would have liked to overnight in Ajijic, but well, that town is booked. So, we thought we would spend a night in Tequila, buy some of that stuff, and go on to Colima the next day. Any advice where to stay in Teqilla? I found Mision Teqillan in the archives. Still good? Is there a good restaurant in town for dinner? We have both done the tours but where to buy the best teqilla at good prices would be great info! And Colima, well, we don't know much about that either so any advice is appreciated. Dee

Camille

Apr 4, 2006, 10:31 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1699 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MazDee] Visit to Colima via Tequilla Suggestions

Mision Tequillan is still very nice, quite comfortable and super-clean. Also has secure parking. The restaurant Marinero behind the church has good food, and the Cafe Bar Reliquia has very interesting photos of old Tequila. I haven't explored Colima myself, but next month I'm headed through there to Tamazula, to try to find a hotel Tony Burton recommends which has "a huge swimming pool filled with hot spring water and bathtubs for two, also fed by the hot springs." He doesn't mention the name, but I mean to find it!

tonyburton

Apr 4, 2006, 11:02 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1695 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Camille] Visit to Colima via Tequilla Suggestions

p. 92: Hotel Real de la Loma

Camille

Apr 4, 2006, 12:23 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1686 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Visit to Colima via Tequilla Suggestions

Hey thanks, Tony! Haven't been able to get my hands on my copy lately.... it's gone from one friend to another because of all the good info.....

tonyburton

Apr 4, 2006, 2:20 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1677 views)

Shortcut

Well, that sounds like a really good reason for buying another one! There's also an excellent Spanish edition (translated by Lorenza Castiello) for any native English-speaker wanting to improve their Spanish. What's more, the Spanish edition is marginally more up-to-date than the English version! Both are available from La Nueva Posada, Libros y Revistas (both in Ajijic), as well as strategic locations elsewhere, and by mail-order from amazon or direct from me (signed on request).

MazDee

Apr 4, 2006, 9:44 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1654 views)

Shortcut

Thanks for the info about Tequilla and Mision Tequillan. I will call them. Dee

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4