Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

MUGAWUMP

Mar 30, 2006, 9:44 AM

Post #26 of 32 (1806 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RexC] Rental Car plus insurance. Guadalajara

Can't Post | Private Reply
Thanks Rex, you post was very informative, and needless to say, "Helpful" I will take heed, and BTY, Pueblo is one of the areas I want to check out.

MUGAWUMP

Mar 30, 2006, 9:49 AM

Post #27 of 32 (1804 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Rental Car plus insurance. Guadalajara

Dlyman, It is apparent you have some issues. Thanks, but no thanks.

sfmacaws

Mar 30, 2006, 5:37 PM

Post #28 of 32 (1781 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MUGAWUMP] Rental Car plus insurance. Guadalajara

Here's the thing, Mug. You come on here where there are some extremely knowledgeable people who know a lot about Mexico, driving in Mexico and living in Mexico. You start with an itenerary and a plan that is impossible and really impractical. You get some good advice, politely given. You discount a lot of it and don't seem to "get" the fact that it is impractical. You act like you know what you are talking about, ie not bringing your own car because you know the problems, but you don't seem to realize the formidable costs and problems involved with a national tour like you are contemplating in a rental car. No matter how often someone tells you that you should either bring your own car and allow as many months as it takes to do this tour, take a bus or scale back your itenerary to a doable area, you go right over it.

Dylman has tens of thousands of miles driven in Mexico, perhaps more. I figure we've driven an RV over 50k miles in country. Ed has impressive driving and in-country knowledge from working and living here for decades. Rolly is the oft-recognized expert on how to get it done in Mexico and has the most comprehensive web page on all things related to living, traveling or building in this country. Rex is incredibly knowledgeable about the country, has lived here for years and can even drive around in Mexico City without getting lost (an impressive thing). There are others I can't remember now who have a lot of knowledge and who have tried to impart it to you. It doesn't seem to be sticking. If you already know everything, why are you asking? If you seriously want some good advice, then listen to it and don't ignore it. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time answering you.

No matter what you think you know or how you think this trip will go, Mexico will teach you patience and a lot more or she will grind you up and spit you back across the border running for home. If you want it to be an enjoyable trip, stop thinking you can do this as if it were a tour of New England and start listening to what the realities of travel in Mexico really are.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

Bloviator

Mar 30, 2006, 6:51 PM

Post #29 of 32 (1769 views)

Shortcut

I guess you are right. I do have some issues. I really don't want you to kill yourself. Of course, at 77, you don't have a long time left, but I would like to see that you enjoy that time without a massively stupid and impossible trip to Mexico.

If you really want to move here, use some common sense. Listen to those who are trying to help you. They are here. They know what it's like here.

Your itinerary is impossible. Regardless of any issues I may have, you need to think it through.

Since you are sold on Victoria, wherever that is, go there. Spend a week. Check it out. Ask questions. Wander around the town. Then if you don't like it, try another place.

Please, just use the brain that God gave you. We are not bagging on you. Everyone who has written, has had your best interests at heart and wishes you well. They just know that your plan is insanity.

So far you have presented yourself as the single most out of touch with reality person who has graced the forum in the year I have been posting. Please get in touch with reality.

Carefully read what EVERYONE has written. We really do know something.

MUGAWUMP

Apr 1, 2006, 11:35 AM

Post #30 of 32 (1737 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sfmacaws] Rental Car plus insurance. Guadalajara

In Reply To
Here's the thing, Mug. You come on here where there are some extremely knowledgeable people who know a lot about Mexico, driving in Mexico and living in Mexico. You start with an itenerary and a plan that is impossible and really impractical. You get some good advice, politely given. You discount a lot of it and don't seem to "get" the fact that it is impractical. You act like you know what you are talking about, ie not bringing your own car because you know the problems, but you don't seem to realize the formidable costs and problems involved with a national tour like you are contemplating in a rental car. No matter how often someone tells you that you should either bring your own car and allow as many months as it takes to do this tour, take a bus or scale back your itenerary to a doable area, you go right over it.

Dylman has tens of thousands of miles driven in Mexico, perhaps more. I figure we've driven an RV over 50k miles in country. Ed has impressive driving and in-country knowledge from working and living here for decades. Rolly is the oft-recognized expert on how to get it done in Mexico and has the most comprehensive web page on all things related to living, traveling or building in this country. Rex is incredibly knowledgeable about the country, has lived here for years and can even drive around in Mexico City without getting lost (an impressive thing). There are others I can't remember now who have a lot of knowledge and who have tried to impart it to you. It doesn't seem to be sticking. If you already know everything, why are you asking? If you seriously want some good advice, then listen to it and don't ignore it. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time answering you.

No matter what you think you know or how you think this trip will go, Mexico will teach you patience and a lot more or she will grind you up and spit you back across the border running for home. If you want it to be an enjoyable trip, stop thinking you can do this as if it were a tour of New England and start listening to what the realities of travel in Mexico really are.

MUGAWUMP

Apr 1, 2006, 2:06 PM

Post #31 of 32 (1717 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Rental Car plus insurance. Guadalajara

lyman, All your concerns should have been answered in my previous posts, including my last one to your buddy. If that isn't good enough, "TOUGH" I respect the information I have received from nearly everyone. you are the exception. not only do you jump to conclusions, you act like a Very arrogant, dictitorial little boy who doesn't get his way. I have already commented upon your apparently unwise driving practices, PLUS, with all you supposed experience, I find it strange that you don't know where to find the capital of one of the Mexican States. There are little red flags cropping up all arround you.

Da Mugawump.

Bloviator

Apr 1, 2006, 2:32 PM

Post #32 of 32 (1712 views)

Shortcut

Thanks and good luck. I sincerely hope that you find what you are seeking.

(This post was edited by dlyman6500 on Apr 1, 2006, 2:37 PM)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4