Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

bevdawson

Mar 21, 2006, 6:01 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1385 views)

Shortcut

Need new information

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have asked so many questions and you have all been so kind to answer, I thought I would ask one more question. Ruth Davis (neighbor and friend) and I have moved our trip up from July to next Monday. We were so anxious to go that we decided not to wait. Now, my son has decided he would like to go also. But, since he is under 40 I did not think there would be much for him to do and enjoy. Is there any night life for younger people in Ajijic or the area? He likes to play pool, but other than that he is a kind of loner. I think it would be good for him but I don't want he to be bored to death for two weeks.

Thank you for all your help and I hope I get to meet some of you really soon.

Beverley Dawson
Houston, Texas

jaybear

Mar 21, 2006, 12:44 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1323 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bevdawson] Need new information

There are LOTS of gringos here under 40, and of course, a number of Mexicans under 40 as well;) So, there are lots of things here to do.

I'll just pick the things I am TOO OLD or chicken to enjoy, and these will probably be just right for your son, unless he is the type that gets bored anywhere, and in that case, Mexico is wasted on him:
- Go hiking in the mountains above the lake.
- Rent a bike and bike the carreterra on the bike path (look out for horses, baby carriages, etc.)
- Go to the Howling Chihuahua for the rock music and dancing.
- Go to the hot springs and swim, enjoy the jacuzzis and go down the giant water slide.
- Go to Tobolandia - more water slides and pools.
- Go outside and look for giant bugs, lizards and snakes.
- Ride horses.
- Play pool with the Mexicans at the parlor in San Antionio.
- Go to the movies.
- Hang out at the internet cafe.
- Hang out at Tom's Bar and other watering holes.
- Sit on the plaza or elsewhere with a six pack and offer to share and meet some people.
- Flirt with girls (or boys). Be careful of the Mexican ones, but enjoy, they are an eyeful!!!
"Don't believe everything you think" - Maxine

JayBear

mkdutch

Mar 22, 2006, 6:43 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1229 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jaybear] Need new information

...and here's another one: besides the Howling C., if he likes to dance he'll find lots of opportunities at the Old Posada, located at the foot of the Ajijic Pier - especially on weekends when Noe and some of the other top musicians that play dance music are there. Great people watching as well for those who are dance-challenged...8^).........Dutch

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4