Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

dandl

Mar 7, 2006, 11:51 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2508 views)

Shortcut

Restaurants & Must Sees in Tonala/Guadalajara

Can't Post | Private Reply
Any suggestions for eats & what to dos in 4 days in Tonala? We enjoy the locals as well as other gringos. Our first trip to this part of Mexico so your recommendations are appreciated! Thank you... Dave

norma2002

Mar 31, 2006, 9:50 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2423 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dandl] Restaurants & Must Sees in Tonala/Guadalajara

I can recommend my friend Beatriz de la Garza. Her website is retiremex@yahoo.com.

She is a lifetime resident of this area and knows about everything. I'm sure you would enjoy a tour with her. Her phone number is (local) 3615-2030.

Norma

kittythegm

Mar 31, 2006, 10:30 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2422 views)

Shortcut

SHOP TILL YOU DROP! AND THEN SHOP SOME MORE!

kittythegm

Mar 31, 2006, 10:44 AM

Post #4 of 7 (2420 views)

Shortcut

Now for a restaurant - try El Boquinete. It is located in a passageway between Juarez and Zaragoza Streets. The manager/owner used to manage another restaurant that we frequented. He is very friendly and the food is good!

dandl

Apr 2, 2006, 9:23 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2366 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kittythegm] Restaurants & Must Sees in Tonala/Guadalajara

We did indeed enjoy Oscar, his wife and family, and Mario (actually all the staff) for fun, food and a great time... Nice place and nice people... as a matter of fact we did not see your post however, the tourist police showed us to El Boquinette ... We really enjoyed our stay in Guadalajara and environs...!

Bloviator

Apr 3, 2006, 6:09 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2357 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kittythegm] Restaurants & Must Sees in Tonala/Guadalajara

Thanks. I couldn't remember the name of El Boquenette, but we also eat there most times when in Tonola and really enjoy it. Their molcajetes (?) are great.

The only negative according to my wife is that the womans/ bano is really nasty and has no seats. I know that happens a lot of places, but probably is inappropriate for a nice restaurant.

(This post was edited by dlyman6500 on Apr 3, 2006, 6:11 AM)

Bubba

Apr 7, 2006, 10:25 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2295 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Restaurants & Must Sees in Tonala/Guadalajara

Just think, dlyman. The people who prepared your food also used that filthy restroom and washed their hands (if they did so) in that filthy sink. Yummmm! Nothing like the adventure of a meal in the Tonala market.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4