Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

Rodd Harris

Sep 9, 2002, 9:49 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4613 views)

Shortcut

Trusted rental companies in Cancun?

Can't Post |
Hello,<p>I'm planning a honeymoon in Cancun in October. I'm wanting to rent a car during that time; however, one site I saw on Cancun said that I need to be careful what company I rent from as many companies will rent you a "car" as long as it moves forward.<p>I found two that have great rates and whose price includes tax, insurance, etc. but I don't know anything about them? Does anyone have any experience with renting in Cancun?<p>BTW, the two companies I'm looking at are Top Car Rental (www.toprentacar.com) and Buster Rent A Car (www.busterrentacar.com.mx). If anyone has had experience with either of these companies, I'd love to hear your input.<p>Thanks.

Joe Nelson

Sep 11, 2002, 4:30 AM

Post #2 of 3 (4589 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |

Rodd
The wife and I have been traveling to cancun area for past 20 or so years. We always rent a car except for last year when we drove down from Michigan to Cancun. The cheap car rental are just that! except lots of trouble either with the bill at end of rental or bait and switch on car type a general word for most car rental places at the airport in Cancun is dishonest. We have found the best to be Avis this is not to say we have not had trouble with them , but it always seems to be worked out with a call to main office in US and they stand behine their reservation and confirmation system. We always book thru US via internet or by phone. Hope this helps. Also if you plan a airport pickup be aware of the 10% airport tax plus the regular 10 %Gov tax. Feel free to contact me on other ? you may have <p>
: Hello,<p>: I'm planning a honeymoon in Cancun in October. I'm wanting to rent a car during that time; however, one site I saw on Cancun said that I need to be careful what company I rent from as many companies will rent you a "car" as long as it moves forward.<p>: I found two that have great rates and whose price includes tax, insurance, etc. but I don't know anything about them? Does anyone have any experience with renting in Cancun?<p>: BTW, the two companies I'm looking at are Top Car Rental (www.toprentacar.com) and Buster Rent A Car (www.busterrentacar.com.mx). If anyone has had experience with either of these companies, I'd love to hear your input.<p>: Thanks.<p>

Travelin' Vinny

Sep 12, 2002, 7:05 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4590 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: Been travelling & renting in the area for 15 years, never heeard of the 2 companies you mention. I make my rvrs in the U.S. via Hertz and haven't had any problems. They even honor AAA discounts. If you rent a car, make sure to check it very carefully for spare, jack, (should have a fire extinguisher) and interior marks.
There are several low fare car rentals (6.00) daily it you have to take a tour of the time share properties. I stay away fro these but some people will extra time think its worth it.
You don;t really need a rental in Cancun proper but its great for day trips to Tulum, Chi-chen, or Coba. Convertables look cool but turn out being super hot. Have fun!<p>: Rodd
: The wife and I have been traveling to cancun area for past 20 or so years. We always rent a car except for last year when we drove down from Michigan to Cancun. The cheap car rental are just that! except lots of trouble either with the bill at end of rental or bait and switch on car type a general word for most car rental places at the airport in Cancun is dishonest. We have found the best to be Avis this is not to say we have not had trouble with them , but it always seems to be worked out with a call to main office in US and they stand behine their reservation and confirmation system. We always book thru US via internet or by phone. Hope this helps. Also if you plan a airport pickup be aware of the 10% airport tax plus the regular 10 %Gov tax. Feel free to contact me on other ? you may have <p>:
: : Hello,<p>: : I'm planning a honeymoon in Cancun in October. I'm wanting to rent a car during that time; however, one site I saw on Cancun said that I need to be careful what company I rent from as many companies will rent you a "car" as long as it moves forward.<p>: : I found two that have great rates and whose price includes tax, insurance, etc. but I don't know anything about them? Does anyone have any experience with renting in Cancun?<p>: : BTW, the two companies I'm looking at are Top Car Rental (www.toprentacar.com) and Buster Rent A Car (www.busterrentacar.com.mx). If anyone has had experience with either of these companies, I'd love to hear your input.<p>: : Thanks.<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4