Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Feb 16, 2006, 5:02 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2929 views)

Shortcut

bamboo in Veracruz

Can't Post | Private Reply
¡Queridos amigos costeños!
First of all, I want to announce the birth of my third grandchild...Kirsten...yesterday here in Mexico City.
What fortunate people we are to be grandparents!
Secondly, here is the link for the pictures I took in Monte Blanco the other day of the bamboo nursery and furniture workshops.
http://community.webshots.com/...&security=zTdgUE
Enjoy! Bamboo is having a bright present and future in Veracruz state. Over 16,000 hectares will be planted in the next 2 years. I hope to be building several house near Xalapa very soon.
¡Hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Rolly

Feb 16, 2006, 8:26 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2914 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] bamboo in Veracruz

I'm a bamboo fan, and so I really enjoyed your pictures. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I stole the forest one for my wallpaper collection. Hope you don't mind. Thanks.

Rolly Pirate

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Feb 19, 2006, 7:34 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2888 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] bamboo in Veracruz

Rolly:
¡Al contrario, mi buen amigo! Please enjoy the pictures and come to Veracruz for a visit. It is so "neat" that now that I am into the bamboo "scene" I am noticing that bamboo is growing everywhere in this region and used for a lot of things I didn't notice before.
Once I start construction of the "casitas" near El Lencero using bamboo, I will try to keep you posted as to how things are going.
Today was a beautiful day in Xico. Took two sisters from Seattle to see the falls.
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Don Moore

Feb 20, 2006, 10:51 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2866 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] bamboo in Veracruz

The photos remind me a lot of Southeast Asia. I lived in a bamboo house (not a hut, but a house with bath and several bedrooms) in The Philippines for several months.
Don Moore

Mark Landes

Mar 17, 2006, 9:53 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2826 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Don Moore] bamboo in Veracruz

Bamboo flooring is becoming quite popular here in California. My wife is doing her law office in bamboo flooring this week. Bamboo could be a very good product for Mexico.
Mark

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4