Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

bunny

Feb 1, 2006, 10:36 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2713 views)

Shortcut

recommendations for guarderia/pre-K in Morelia?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have a 5-yr-old and a 2-yr-old. We will be arriving in Morelia this weekend, to spend the rest of the winter and winters in the future, now that our house sale there is finalized. We spent last winter in Morelia, and my kids were in a Montessori daycare on the Calzado, but my 5-yr-old needs preschool now.

Can anyone recommend a good private primary school that also offers daycare? We will be living in el centro, on Amado Nervo (near the Mercado Revolution). I've seen "okay" school/daycare places in the neighborhood, but the classrooms are stuffy/crowded and student-teacher ratios are high. I'd love to find something better, even if I have to schlep the kids around. And I work, so I need to move fast on finding something once we get to Morelia.

Philosophically, I think that having U.S.-born kids in Mexico, in any school, is an incredible education. But we have spent the past four months in Mazatlan, where my son has been in a preschool that had just 8 kids in a class with a teacher and a teacher's assistant, and his confidence/capacity in learning Spanish took off like a rocket in that environment. (For a while I had him in another school that had 24 preschoolers with two teachers, and he was completely lost and overwhelmed.)

I'll be very grateful for any suggestions. Thanks. --Gretchen

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4