Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

Rolly

Sep 2, 2004, 6:38 AM

Post #1 of 19 (123518 views)

Shortcut

Changing your picture icon

Can't Post | Private Reply
Changing your picture icon is not intuitive, so here are the instructions. First you must remove the existing picture, then you can load the new picture.

To remove the picture:

Click on Edit Profile then User Profile

Scroll down to the Icon section, click Icon - None

Go to the bottom of the page, click on Make Profile Changes

Then click on Refresh on your browser control bar -- sometimes it is called something other than Refresh

To load a new picture:

Click on User Profile and scroll down to the Icon section again. Click on the little circle next to Browse then click Browse and find the new picture file on your computer.

Then click on Refresh

That should do it.

Rolly Pirate

(This post was edited by Rolly on Sep 3, 2004, 5:10 AM)

Biggles

Oct 13, 2004, 4:34 PM

Post #2 of 19 (123396 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Changing your picture icon

Rolly, I swear you must be psychic! Just when I was wondering how to do this, up pops your explanation! I've also gone to your website many times because I like the clear, concise instructions/explanations you give for moving to Mexico. Since we're in the early stages (house closes this month, moving early next year, fingers crossed), the best information has been from people that have actually gone through it-like you.

Many thanks,

Cheri

Johnnye

Nov 11, 2004, 3:01 AM

Post #3 of 19 (123344 views)

Shortcut

Rolly, you ARE psychic! I too was thinking about trying to put in a picture, when your post came up! My problem, however, is that every time I try, I get a message that my file is too big. I forget how much memory is allowed, but I don't see how anybody has a photo with a file that small. Also, I've seen some posts with animated monkeys marching across the page--how can they do that with the itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot...ooops, sorry, got carried away....files we're allowed?
Waiting for answers.....Johnnye

Rolly

Nov 11, 2004, 6:05 AM

Post #4 of 19 (123339 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Johnnye] Changing your picture icon

Johnnye, send me your picture as an e-mail attachment, I'll fix it, and send it back to you so you can post it.

Rolly Pirate

Marlene

Feb 1, 2005, 7:29 AM

Post #5 of 19 (123245 views)

Shortcut

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but my photo icon has vanished. The user profile still shows as if "custom image" should be visible. I tried reloading it and still no luck. Any ideas?

Rolly

Feb 1, 2005, 12:58 PM

Post #6 of 19 (123234 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Changing your picture icon

Looks like you got it back,

Rolly Pirate

apucko

Feb 1, 2006, 6:35 AM

Post #7 of 19 (122900 views)

Shortcut

Bonjour Rolly

Last week I farted around about 3 or 4 days trying to install a picture of my wife and I and I must say it took me for ever to figure it out. Don't ask me how I got it or how I was able to reduce the size, I just clicked here and there and low and behold it worked, don't ever ask me how I did it. Thanks for this thread I now have a reference point should the picture disappear.
Also, I was directed to your site roolybrook.com by uayaknah from the Mérida forum as I was seeking various information and let me congratulate you on a perfect site written in laymans term and so precise. Just the previous evening my wife and I were having a discussion on the requirement for driving and if we should get the FM or FM3 prior to our plan move in the fall of 06. Once on your site all of our questions were answered to our satisfaction. You have a perfect blue print guide for us to follow. Muchos gracias

johnv

Feb 13, 2006, 6:18 PM

Post #8 of 19 (122860 views)

Shortcut

Rolly, upon seeing this post the other day I began experimenting with putting a photo into my profle as you have described. I use Mozilla Firefox and I went ahead and did this sucsessfully with an experimental photo. Now today I went to change the photo, using your instructions, and the old photo keeps showing up. Then I went to Internet Explorer and put in the new photo sucsesfully. But no matter what I do I cannot change the photo in Mozilla Firefox, even though I can choose the option of no photo. Do you have any pointers on this? Thanks.

Bloviator

Feb 13, 2006, 6:30 PM

Post #9 of 19 (122855 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Biggles] Changing your picture icon

But don't forget. He can't spell.

See previous postings.

Ron Pickering W3FJW

Feb 13, 2006, 6:30 PM

Post #10 of 19 (122855 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johnv] Changing your picture icon

Try clearing your browser cache. It's probably pulling up an old page.
Getting older and still not down here.

(This post was edited by Ron Pickering W3FJW on Feb 13, 2006, 6:31 PM)

arbon

Feb 20, 2006, 5:41 PM

Post #11 of 19 (122835 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |

Quote test II above and below

In Reply To
Changing your picture icon is not intuitive, so here are the instructions. First you must remove the existing picture, then you can load the new picture.

To remove the picture:

Click on Edit Profile then User Profile

Scroll down to the Icon section, click Icon - None

Then click on Refresh on your browser control bar -- sometimes it is called something other than Refresh

To load a new picture:

Click on User Profile and scroll down to the Icon section again. Click on the little circle next to Browse then click Browse and find the new picture file on your computer.

Then click on Refresh

That should do it.

Quote test II above and below
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gurley

Feb 17, 2007, 7:46 PM

Post #12 of 19 (122609 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] Changing your picture icon

Hi Everyone,

I'm ready to "make the big plunge," and put a photo icon in my profile. I got an "error" and the message mentioned by others. Mexconnected tells me that the photo I've tried to download exceeds the size allowed. I'm not figuring out to change the size?! If it matters, for anyone who might have ideas to help me, I'm downloading from iPhoto (on my MacBook Pro) and use Firefox as my seach engine (is that even the right term? I'm such a computer neophyte!).

Help if you can! Mil gracious!

Rose
God Bless the World - No Exceptions!

BajaGringo

Jun 11, 2008, 2:41 AM

Post #13 of 19 (122463 views)

Shortcut

Re: Changing your picture icon

Hi Rolly,

It's been awhile, how you been? Thought I'd make a post in here and see how it comes out...

Story of a Gringo Lost in Mexico

Loving Life on the Baja Peninsula

(This post was edited by BajaGringo on Jun 11, 2008, 2:47 AM)

La Isla

Apr 10, 2010, 1:51 PM

Post #14 of 19 (115410 views)

Shortcut

Hi Rolly,

I want to replace my current "arty" icon with a photo of the real me. I've followed your instructions, but nothing changes, perhaps because I can't figure out what "refresh" is on my laptop, a 5-year-old Acer TravelMate. I'd appreciate your help.

Marsha

Rolly

Apr 10, 2010, 2:02 PM

Post #15 of 19 (115405 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Changing your picture icon

Refresh is not on your keyboard; it's on the web browser. It's the clicker that resends the page you are on. On IE, it's the two green arrows at the end of the address bar. On Firefox it's the blue circular arrow labled reload.

Rolly Pirate

La Isla

Apr 10, 2010, 2:06 PM

Post #16 of 19 (115401 views)

Shortcut

Of course, it isn't. How silly of me. I realized that after I wrote to you, Rolly. I use Firefox and have located the circular blue arrow.

Thanks a million!

La Isla

Apr 10, 2010, 2:42 PM

Post #17 of 19 (115393 views)

Shortcut

Rolly, I just followed your instructions to the T but wasn't able to replace my current icon with a new one. I was able to delete the icon I've been using, but when I went to upload a new image, the former one returned. I tried twice. ??????

Rolly

Apr 10, 2010, 3:00 PM

Post #18 of 19 (115392 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Changing your picture icon

Hummm... I don't know what is happening. I guess the computer gods are angry.

Rolly Pirate

La Isla

Apr 10, 2010, 3:59 PM

Post #19 of 19 (115382 views)

Shortcut

That's as good an explanation as any!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4