Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

Camille

Jan 24, 2006, 9:44 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2776 views)

Shortcut

Guadalajara vet

Can't Post | Private Reply
I got a lot of good info last time I inquired about vet care in Guad, but most of it related to Lakeside, and I will be coming from N of PV, so would love to get a recommendation in Zapopan, perhaps? Also, do the Drs. Ladron de Guevara practice in Guad as well as Ajijic? Can I get a phone number for them? Any help appreciated....

LindaM

Jan 25, 2006, 5:24 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2745 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Camille] Guadalajara vet

The LaDrone's do practice in Guadalajara also. Their office is on Ninos Heroes - well actually it faces a side street so the actual address may be something else but you get to it from Ninos Heroes. Their phone number is 333-121-7299.

song_of_joy

Jan 25, 2006, 8:17 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2738 views)

Shortcut

Re: [LindaM] Guadalajara vet

They are very good. However we've worked with Veterinaria Mexico near the corner of Avs. Mexico and Homero, kitty corner with Plaza Mexico for the past 15 years.

Dr. Ortiz is very capable with small animals and has treated our many cats, old English sheepdog, bunnies, guinea pig and even a baby owl who fell from a tree and was brought to me by a neighborhood child. He rehydreated the little owl and gave it to a conservation group to release in the wild, and treated all our domestic animals with expertise and kindness. He even met us at the clinic at 10 p.m. when little Piba (the black cat with the Argentine name) was in labor and couldn't get the baby out. He did a C-section and spayed her at the same time. He finished up at 2 a.m.!

In my opinion, he's wonderful!

MVZ Luis Ramon Ortiz Berriel
Av. Homero 114 (near the corner of Av. Mexico)
Col. Vallarta San Jorge
3 647-9022
Beeper 3 630-3131, Clave (code) 3552

esperanza

Jan 25, 2006, 8:26 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2736 views)

Shortcut

Re: [song_of_joy] Guadalajara vet

He's the vet I take my kitties too as well, and I have nothing but the greatest respect for him. He's remarkably tender with the cats and a really good guy with the owners, too.

Two thumbs up for Dr. Ortiz and his newly remodeled offices.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Camille

Jan 25, 2006, 8:56 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2732 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Guadalajara vet

And does Dr. Ortiz speak English? I trust my espanol in the kitchen, the ferreteria, and the mercado, but the exam room is uncharted territory, and of all things I do NOT want to mis-communicate, animal medical care would be right up in the top two....
Thanks so much for the info.

Camille

Jan 25, 2006, 9:32 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2724 views)

Shortcut

And may I assume that Col. Vallarta San Jorge is near Calle Vallarta? Driving in Guadalajara is NOT my idea of a fun day, so I'll be parking and getting a cab, but I'd like to know what part of town I'm heading to....

esperanza

Jan 26, 2006, 7:57 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2708 views)

Shortcut

Colonia Vallarta San Jorge is located between Av. Vallarta and Av. México, approximately six blocks west of the Glorieta Minerva. Any taxi driver will know where to find Av. Homero. (oh-MEH-roh).

PM me and maybe we can arrange a time when I could meet you at Dr. Ortiz' office to help you with interpreting.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4