Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

wyhaines

Jan 16, 2006, 11:12 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1790 views)

Shortcut

Envy :)

Can't Post | Private Reply
Weatherunderground.com says that it is about 82 degrees and sunny in Xalapa today.

I am jealous. Here in my little spot of Wyoming it is about 25 with a light (16 MPH) wind, and it is almost as cold in my office as the forecast low for Xalapa tonight (the forecast low is 59 tonight, and it's 63 in my office). I want to be working from my laptop computer while sitting somewhere with open air and sunlight, instead of sitting in this cold, cavelike office. Oh yes I do. Those of you who are enjoying the sunlight and warmth right now, you are on my mind. :) Enjoy!

Kirk Haines

CCarol

Jan 16, 2006, 3:32 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1778 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wyhaines] Envy :)

Kirk,
My sentiments exactly as I sit here in my office looking out at the cold white snow. It is beautiful, but ONLY to look at...a picture would do for me. Yes, I long for the nice spring weather in some parts of Mexico. My advice, not a good idea to check weatherunderground this time of the year. Makes one envious!
Just gotta wrap in another blanket, put another log on the fire and make more plans for settling in Mexico.
Carol

"Be kind, for everyone you know is facing a great battle." (Philo of Alexandria)

Ed and Fran

Jan 16, 2006, 4:11 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1771 views)

Shortcut

Those of you who are enjoying the sunlight and warmth right now, you are on my mind.

Careful about what you wish for. Mid-80's and sun here in Tuxpan today, I had to turn the air conditioning back on. Outside is starting to freshen up now, but the house is still hot from the sun.

We could do with a cool front.

Regards

Ed & Fran

CCarol

Jan 16, 2006, 4:28 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1769 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ed and Fran] Envy :)

We have plenty cool air to share. I'll send a little cool front your way. Speaking of Tuxpan, we were there in 1990. I drug my hubby there for an "experience." Left our grown son and family and struck on our own from Papantla to Tuxpan. Thought my husband would die from worry till we finally got back. The funny part of him being such a worry wart is he went fishing in the river there, right in town. It was beautiful with a nice concrete walkway, benches and serene water. He didn't catch any fish. But he had been told by a local that he didn't need a fishing license. Come to find out, he did and there he was in broad daylight, in the middle of town, fishing! We made it back to our kids without incident, but when he found out later he needed a license, gosh was he shook!
By the way, your city (what we saw of it) is beautiful. I loved it!
Carol

"Be kind, for everyone you know is facing a great battle." (Philo of Alexandria)

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Jan 16, 2006, 11:05 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1753 views)

Shortcut

¡Hola, queridos amigos costeños!
Kirk, you are right! It is really like the romantic song "Noche de luna en Xalapa" with a full moon lighting the streets with a sprinkling of stars and a temperature of around 68 degrees F at 1AM in the morning. My little 2 and a half year old grandson says "moona", instead of "luna", with a great deal of enthusiasm because you can't see the stars or moon in Mexico City where he lives. I'm just finishing a digital slide presentation promoting Xalapa for a local tour guide friend of mine, and I have to get some sleep because I am shooting the front page of a wedding magazine early tomorrow morning.
Bueno, amigos, ya me voy a dormir.
¡Portense mal y cuidense bien!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4